- Primary responsibilities of this position include patch management, application packaging and distribution, operating system deployment (OSD), IT system security related issues, threat mitigation and reporting, analyzing data to spot trends, managing patches for software certifications, data collection and reporting.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in multiple current technology areas, including client and server computer hardware and operating systems, end-user desktop software, remote management, IAVA process, and end-user device security management and patching. This role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Implement, update, and maintain enterprise level configuration management products.
- Analyze the current enterprise configuration management implementation and provide a status report before and after
remediation actions are engineered and executed.
- Analyze SCCM log files, provide patch management support, and off-hours maintenance window operations.
- Validate deployment plans for compliance within existing performance limitations of the enterprise servers’ software.
- Troubleshoot sites experiencing configuration management problems.
- Document issues and resolutions using the current Ticket Management system (Service Now). Responsible for in-depth knowledge of IAVA requirements and deployment, and system configuration of operating systems and applications to ensure the operational capability and security of the customer's IT networks.
- Provide weekly activity reports describing activities accomplished.
- Communicate effectively both orally and written with customers, stakeholders, and technical specialists. Effectively lead
detailed technical discussions and develop and present required briefing materials to ensure the customer’s needs are met in accordance with VA requirements.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high-quality environment
- Good technical writing, presentation, and documentation skills
- Must have excellent team skills and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- US Citizenship required
- Technical Skills
- Experience in maintaining SCCM including analyzing log files, validating deployment plans and troubleshooting
- Enterprise System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007/2012
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices a plus
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related work experience.
Additional Qualifications Prior experience with VA preferred
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 11-13 years w/High School Diploma
02-04 years w/Bachelors Degree
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree
02-04 years w/Masters Degree