CVS is seeking a new Senior Director of Promotions Strategy to lead its multi-billion dollar promotion P&L. You will lead and transform the strategy, effectiveness and execution of its promotions to drive incremental trips and profitable sales for the business. The role reports to the Vice President of Promotions and is supported by a team of 6-8 FTEs.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing promotional plans to ensure CVS meets its aggressive financial targets on a weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Partnering with merchandising and vendors to develop differentiated promotion plans and events.
- Evolving our best-in-class promotion effectiveness tools, analytics and reports to deliver incremental value to the business.
- Thought leadership in implementing and evolving CVS's promotional strategy at category, business unit and front store level across channels, including ExtraCare and CVS.com
- Closely monitoring and responding to changing customer / competitor dynamics to ensure CVS offers are meaningful and compelling.
- Leading and developing a team of 6-8 FTEs.
- You should be a creative, self-motivated, entrepreneurial and high-energy leader who can easily function in a high demand, results-driven environment.
The position provides excellent exposure to management across CVS’s business (including weekly exposure to CVS’s chief merchant) as well as rigorous professional development. This role would suit someone with deep retail promotion experience and a track record of leading teams to industry-leading results and innovation.
5+ years of experience in retail strategy at either a relevant retail company (e.g. Drug, Mass) or top tier management consultancy firm (focus in retail or consumer projects) with responsibility for delivering results
3+ years analytical expertise, with a deep understanding of retail analytics – ideally in promotion effectiveness and high proficiency in Excel.
2+ years leading a team
Category management experience:
Experience of managing a large retail P&L and working closely with merchants and vendors.
A track record of delivering promotion results, ideally in a circular, and a deep knowledge of retail market dynamics and trends.
Ability to influence:
Consistent record of driving thought leadership and influencing senior executives / partnering with cross functional teams to deliver superior results.
The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper. Deep understanding of PowerPoint is a requirement.
Creativity / Innovation:
Experience in developing and executing best-in-class promotion innovation to drive a step change in customer impact and engagement.
Deep expertise of current and future customer promotion needs and a proven ability to convert this expertise into more compelling offerings.
Experience working for a top tier consulting firm is ideal. MBA from a leading business school
SQL and/or promotion analytic tool experience
Strong experience in management, emphasis in recruiting, retaining, developing and inspiring a large team with a range of backgrounds.
Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.