Event Sales Manager*
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for building relevant business relationships and generating
revenues within the markets assigned for our restaurants and theaters. This includes maintaining and
growing existing relationships and bringing in new business. The primary objective is to drive revenue
through these strategic relationships. Other responsibilities will include driving brand awareness in the
community and managing all elements of the company's Banquet Events Orders (BEOs).
The Event Sales Manager will constantly work with theater and restaurant management and culinary
teams to create compelling menus, brainstorm maximization of event space, coordinate timing of
events, and relay all necessary information and changes to maximize event profitability and ensure that
the client has the best event possible. Due to the nature of the special event business, after-hours/
weekends may be required depending on the event's cost and size.
Reports to: Field Operations Director
- Grow sales through active prospecting of targeted businesses through outbound/inbound
- Attend local events, when possible, to drive brand awareness and expand the guest base for
event sales opportunities.
- Solicit, negotiate, and secure new group event business.
- Set solicitation goals with the Field Operations Director to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Field incoming calls, web and email inquiries.
- Conduct walk-throughs with client's pre-contract to sell the space and negotiate costs.
- Act as the client's primary contact ensuring completion of event details and retention.
- Collaborate with clients to plan all event details, including menu selections, timelines, and guest
counts when creating the BEO.
- Upsell items for food and beverage and negotiate items like in-house AV, equipment, and others
required by the client during the planning stages.
- Liaise with clients and SGM to make sure all expectations are met.
- Participate in weekly BEO meetings with the SGM to review upcoming events to ensure all
details of the contract are executed correctly, with proper timing, and with client satisfaction.
- Effectively collaborate with outside vendors and other departments to capture and service
- Maintains accurate records of all BEOs, including appropriate information concerning the event,
detailing of needs, menu communication, client requirements, licenses, deposits, and posting of
- Greet clients with large events (upwards of 3K+) at the beginning of the event, review event
details and set up, and introduce other members of management.
- Execute exemplary guest services to drive guest satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the guest
and ensuring their satisfaction before and after the event.
- Assist General Manager in on-site planning, selling, and promoting special events/dinners.
- Assist with menu changes/printing when needed.