Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
- Perform Systems Administration and Network Administration of assets related to the support of Department of Defence (DoD) programs
- Provide routine systems administration, network administration, and database management on virtualized Linux and Windows servers
- Assist software developers with workstation and network solutions
- Assist in the Product Integration process for Systems Integration Testing
- Provide R&D support and input for development of products and design
- Utilize prior experience and technical knowledge related to the development, administration, and fielding of related military applications
- Develop and maintain documentation and procedures related to all aspects of job
- Perform security hardening and obtain port exceptions for external network access to systems Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a two-year technical degree and four or more years work related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert proficiency with administration of Linux/Unix based systems
- Windows XP/Server/Vista Administration
- Network Administration
- Proficient knowledge base and hands on experience implementing solutions in accordance with DoD security policies and procedures
- Knowledge and experience integrating, configuration, and administering software development toolsets (Git, GitLab, GitHub) and plugins.
- Expert proficiency with VMWare
- Troubleshooting and technical support
- Server and workstation hardware administration, installation, troubleshooting, evaluation
- Candidate must possess an active and approved baseline certification that aligns to IAT Level II or III, in accordance with the DoD 8570.1-M
- Cisco Experience
- Experience DevOps tools, such as Vagrant and Docker
- Redhat-specific administration
- Dell-specific HW experience / cert
- Experience with Blade-based servers and blade chassis administration / installation
- Experience with large scale networking, routing across LAN/WANs
- Experience working in classified environment
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE FOR CONSIDERATION. MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE. ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE PREFERRED.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled