Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a full time Call Center/Financial Clearance Specialist in their Patient Access Intake (Call) Center in Arlington, TX.
Full Time; 40 hours per week; 2nd Shift
Weekly off will be on Sundays and the second weekly day off will be determined each week according to the business needs of the department. .
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
1 year of experience in a healthcare field, customer service, telemarketing, or call center
Working knowledge of Medical Terminology required.
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification preferred upon hire.
JOB DUTIES: (Including but not limited to):
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to type, spell, write, or print legibly with general knowledge of office equipment, PCs, and associated software packages required.
- Strong interpersonal communication, documentation skills required.
- Must have true customer service oriented work style. Strong customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment required.
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance and managed care preferred.
- Ability to coordinate accurate patient data to determine financial obligation and collect insurance co-pay, co-insurance, and self-pay deposits from patients over the phone.
- Ability to maintain daily productivity goals and key performance indicators required.
- Obtains accurate financial and demographic information during Pre-Registration pertaining to the patient account. Utilizes Passport for address verification. Maintains knowledge and application of all admission processes and procedures for patients in reservation status. Executes tasks timely with a high degree of accuracy. Responsible for maintaining productivity standards. Protects the integrity of the Medical Record. Elimination of duplicate identities (multiple identities per person), Overlays (same, identity for multiple people), Shared Identities (2 or more people claim to be same unique identifier (SSN) by using Smart IX.
- Understands and utilizes the Avaya phone queue for Inbound/Outbound calls. Ensure timely after call work to reduce wait times and increase Patient Satisfaction.
- Maintains the department Quality standards. Meet all standards for Quality Reviews, RQA, and Call Labs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Accurately gather demographic and Billing/Insurance Information and provide the patient with good customer service.
- Maintains knowledge of the Financial Policy. Coordinate accurate patient data to determine financial obligation based on the financial policy including collection of insurance co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances. Utilize Carepricer to create estimates to ensure patient deposits are calculated properly. Utilizes online verification tools, Passport, or Onesource to obtain patient benefit information. Appropriately collect patient deposit and/or secure financial clearance following the PAIC financial clearance processes.
- Takes initiative to resolve accounts with and without supervision. Works toward department goals and visions as an individual and team member. Ensures up to date knowledge of policies and procedures and compliance issues pertaining to the Admissions Department.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.