The Merchandising Services - intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands-on experience in working with a number of leaders to learn the retail business from one of the world's leading retailers.
During a 12 week period, interns will be assigned to functional teams such as buying, global sourcing, merchandise operations/execution, marketing, e-commerce, product development and brand management to learn day-to-day operations, merchandising skills and overall comprehension of the retail business at the Home Depot's corporate office.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations.
- Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to merchandising senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Partnering cross-functionally to achieve goals
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Manager or Team Lead
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area.
Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. \
On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Currently enrolled in an M.S or Ph.D. program in one of the following areas: Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, Industrial or Systems Engineering, Operations, Merchandising, or Retail Studies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Data Science
- Strong analytical skills; ie: Data Analytics, Data Modeling
- Regression Analysis
- Process/detail oriented
- Project Management Experience
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management
- Planning and Organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Python, R, SQL, Tableau, SAS, CPLEX
- Data Mining
- Business Intelligence
- Background in system development / business requirements