We are currently in search of an experienced Electrical Engineer for development and support of manufacturing of advanced hyperspectral imaging hardware. The candidate will be part of a dynamic engineering team working with next generation infrared imaging sensors, embedded hyperspectral image processing hardware, and mobile technology platforms including: efficient battery power design, display electronics, and wireless communication systems.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a broad depth of understanding covering the full electronic design and testing processes. Creativity, problem solving, independent thinking, flexibility, and vision are all required for this position.
- Responsible for all digital and analog hardware design for shutter control boards, power boards, shutter heater boards, TEC, CPU, FPGA boards, and junction boxes.
- Strong understanding of analyzing test results and determining board capabilities and failure points and works to eliminate defects.
- Heavy background in product development.
- Evaluates nonconforming products and implements corrective action.
- Ideal candidate will have experience developing firmware.
- Strong background in developing test plans and fixtures for each circuit board developed.
- Responsible for synchronous design, routing, simulation, prototyping, testing, and technical documentation of new and existing electrical hardware.
- Assemble, debug and test: Board-level and modular integration of circuits and components into working instrumentation for new product introduction to manufacturing.
- Support new product development, reviews, and reporting as required.
- Provide effort estimates in support of bid and proposal efforts as required.
- Provide technical engineering input/support as required.
- Produce schematics and provide physical layout consultation, including proper component selection for supply chain and manufacturing.
- Documents activities, prepares technical reports, presents results, and demonstrate system capabilities to the product development and management team.
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Ideal candidates will hold a graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in digital hardware design. This role will be primarily responsible for digital hardware design, but an understanding of analog electronics is highly desirable. Academic background and academic projects do not count as industry experience.
- Industry experience with Altium highly preferred.
- Strong C and C++ skills.
- 3 years of industry experience in new product development. Academic background and academic projects do not count as industry experience.
- Strong background in designing boards that are over 4 layers.
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD development using VHDL or Verilog is highly desirable, but not required.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of industry experience in firmware development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic environment.
- Strong math and physics background.
- Hazardous Environment Certification: We develop products for the oil and gas industry and experience designing hardware certified for hazardous environments is desirable, but not required.
Highly Recommended to show hiring manager a full portfolio of work between new product development, hardware design schematics, etc.
This is not an entry level position.
Job Type: Full-time
- test fixture development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Firmware: 2 years (Preferred)
- Electrical Design: 3 years (Required)
- C and C++: 3 years (Required)
- product development: 3 years (Required)
- hardware design: 3 years (Required)
- Houston, TX 77002 (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Preferred)