The Data Analyst develops metrics, reports and analysis to drive key business decisions. Using a combination of health care business knowledge, data analysis skills, and the ability to communicate complex issues to senior leadership, the Data Analyst will be responsible for generating data-driven analysis across all health plan operational areas and data domains, with the primary objective of providing actionable information in support of the leadership team's efforts to achieve the tactical and strategic business objectives.
At minimum 5 years of progressive data analysis experience; preferably in the Managed Care or Clinical industry, Medicare Advantage a plus.
Experience working with clinical information systems and revenue data
Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings required.
Description of Required Duties and Tasks:Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Write SQL queries, create end-user reports, and apply varying analytical techniques to solve specific business problems.
- Design and enhance medical and pharmacy claim utilization, membership, and revenue reporting.
- Lead or participate in projects: elicit business requirements, complete and update project documentation, manage project scope, determine daily priorities, ensure efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones, follow proper escalation paths, and manage customer relationships.
- Research, analyze, and present results, and recommend intelligent solutions to solve problems and address business challenges.
- Identify opportunities related to costs, utilization, and quality with the ability to report findings to senior leadership.
- Analyze key trends and performance related to clinical and network performance of programs, practices, and providers of health care and present insight to leadership.
- Assist with implementation and design of data warehouse for reporting, analysis, and applications.
- Produce ad hoc data and reports.
- Perform data scrubbing, trouble-shooting, quality checking, and usability analysis to identify anomalies, which need to be addressed prior to delivery of analytic results.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions, and other information relating to residents, employees and facility.
- Ability to create financial and utilization reports to summarize results and projections.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to design and develop key performance metrics using Excel, Access and SQL Server
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and communicate with diverse cross-functional teams
- Ability to persuasively present ideas and results
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed with keen attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively about how to solve a problem or meet a specific business need, making recommendations and decision based on the data available.
- Able to meet critical time frames on a frequent and regular basis
- Able to work independently, taking full ownership of accuracy and quality of work without detailed instruction or oversight.
- Ability to tell a succinct, meaningful, and actionable story with data using visualization and other techniques.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to produce clear written documentation.