Traeger Grills, headquartered in Salt Lake City, has been revolutionizing BBQ grilling and outdoor cooking for 30 years. We obsess over providing world-class experiences to not only our customers, but also to our retail partners and vendors. Recently voted as a 2016,2017, & 2018 Best Company to Work For, and a Top 25 Fastest Growing Company by Utah Business Magazine, we're looking for individuals who are committed to winning. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture based around teamwork, quality, innovation and constant growth and development. We cook together and we win together!
The Sr. Mobile UX Designer will work cross functionally to develop support for our WiFIRE products and create a rich tailored experience. The qualified individual will have a passion for delivering creative solutions, will assist in a strategically important area of product development, have a high degree of ownership, strong analytical ability, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders.
Sr. UX Designer Responsibilities:
- Product Management
- Develops plans for a user's app product experience including inception, strategic positioning, financial benefits and lifecycleanalysis for delivery of an IoT experience
- Extract, identify, solicit requirements & rules
- Facilitate communication
- Organization, plan, timeline
- Ensure transparency of project progress
- Assignment tracking & follow-up
- Deployment planning & coordination
- Success metric identification
- Research Activities
- Stay abreast of unmet customer needs in the technology program of focus and seek innovative solutions
- Seek continual product and service improvement through customer and channel feedback
- Build a thorough understanding of market trends including emerging trends and best practices for the experience across multiple platforms
- Additional Detail:
- Define and manage project plans for each project and identify scope, critical path items, and cross project dependencies.
- Facilitate communication & participation from stakeholders.
- Define, solicit, document and prioritize functional and business requirements
- Liaison between development and business users
- Documentation duties using tools like SharePoint, Jira, MS Office Suite, and diagramming tools
- Incident / ticket management for assigned area
- Lead multiple projects and project teams simultaneously
- Development end-user documentation and train on technology solutions in assigned area
- Host status meetings, working sessions and any ad-hoc discussions required with development team and project stakeholders
- Testing and QA responsibilities that are not limited to, but include validating data, functional requirements adherence, business process and UI design
- Manage cross organization integration projects supplying critical data points, coordinating independent work streams while preserving operational effectiveness.
- Facilitate the development of strategic planning cycles that give the product & development leadership team a framework to ensure alignment on product strategy aligned with agile development methodology philosophy
- Work & collaborate effectively with geographically distributed IT development team while mainlining contact & communicating with onsite business users.
- Technical / Digital enterprise project management
- Demonstrated expertise in SDLC principles. Ability to perform equally in agile, waterfall and hybrid of the two environments
- Requirements gathering, soliciting, documentation, communication
- Functional and user acceptance testing techniques and methodologies
- Experience with IoT, mobile, smart home, and wearable platforms
- AWS IoT, Xively, or other IoT experience a plus
What We Offer:
- Professional documentation ability (written, verbal, diagramming)
- Analytical aptitude to assist with mining data and reports
- Ability to work well with both business and technical partners
- An exemplary organizational and creative problem-solving skill set
- Effective & comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication/escalation, time-management, prioritization, leadership and collaboration skills
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Open-PTO Policy
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Individual professional development programs and initiatives that help you grow and develop professionally
- A positive and supportive team to work with
- Company provided meals throughout the week, Utah Gold Ski and SLC City Golf passes, Discounted Gym Memberships, generous Employee Discount Program, company sponsored Community Service opportunities, and much more!