$10,000 sign-on for full time
*** Please note Beebe Healthcare Main Campus is located in Lewes, DE with other locations within a 22-mile radius in Sussex County, DE ***
Team Beebe! One Beebe! Beebe Healthcare is one of the largest employers throughout beautiful Sussex County, DE and we have exciting career opportunities available for qualified professionals.
RN, Registered Nurse – Dialysis Clinical Team Leader
The Dialysis Team leader will provide day to day leadership in the department to include staffing, scheduling, patient/employee rounding, chart audits, and other managerial tasks. The team lead will be required to work 1-2 12 hour shifts per week with the other hours in the department for administrative functions, including participation in shared governance activities, Quality improvement initiatives, and performance evaluations. The team lead will be required to participate in monthly meetings as needed to include the weekly nurse manager huddle and the daily bed board. The team lead will assist the Director in assuring overall quality and safety in patient care and efficient operations of the department. The team lead will provide oversight for orientation and continuing education of the team. The team lead will participate in policy development, update, revision utilizing an evidenced based approach. In order to be considered for the position, please visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org to fill out an application.
- Monitors dialysis care and treatments by maintaining high visibility to patients and team members in the department.
- Projects a positive and professional demeanor through verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Utilizes AIDET in all encounters with patients/team members/Providers and in professional meetings.
- Shares accountability with the Director for departmental and organizational goal achievement.
- Develops, implements, and participates in Quality improvement processes.
- Collaborates with Nephrologists to ensure timely and safe dialysis treatments.
- Works with members of the health care team in activities designed to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service with patients, families, visitors, and other customers as measured through patient satisfaction and department surveys.
- Performs patient rounding routinely and provides feedback from rounding to staff in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the recruitment and retention of employees.
- Identifies problems and recommends actions relating to staffing, morale, workflow, and procedures and seeks assistance if unable to solve problems.
- Motivates by recognizing, rewarding, and reinforcing positive behavior and exemplary performance.
- Deals effectively with team members experiencing performance and/or behavior problems.
- Demonstrates leadership in the provision of patient care and unit performance.
- Ensures patient care is delivered according to evidenced based practice guidelines.
- Assists team members with the development of problem solving and decision-making skills, clearly communicating ideas and suggestions.
- Maintains clinical skills by participating in staffing and ensures adequate staffing.
- Develops work schedules and communicates needs with the team and the director.
- Supports and engages in shared governance activities.
- Leads by example and possesses strong clinical thinking skills and decision making.
- Maintains adequate supplies; ensures supply purchases are cost effective and within budget.
- Encourages others to steward financial resources.
- Ensures clinical equipment is maintained to clinical standards.
- Validates that staff operate and maintain equipment to clinical standards.
- Verifies daily quality checks are completed to industry standard.
- Maintains joint commission readiness by completing unit rounding weekly and participating in readiness activities.
- Engages the team in readiness activities.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Credentials - Essential:
- RN - Registered Nurse
- BLS - Basic Life Saving certification
Competencies and Skill - Essential:
- Experience In Hospital or Acute Care Setting
- Clear Communication Skills Both Written and Verbal
- Able to Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
- Able to Withstand Crisis Situations
- Has Skills to Provide Customer Service to Patients, Team Members, and Visitors
- Knowledge And Experience with Electronic Health Records
Education - Essential:
- RN Diploma/RN Graduate Program
We are experiencing tremendous growth which allows us to offer more services to more people in more locations. Beebe Healthcare offers you a healthy, supportive culture where you can truly flourish with an excellent patient-focused environment, and leading-edge technology. Working at Beebe provides a feeling of community and a place to call home away from home.
Join our team of heroes today to take advantage of our excellent benefits and compensation package.
Visit our website www.beebehealthcare.org/careers to apply and for more information
424 Savannah Road, Lewes, DE 19958
Chat Live From Anywhere With a Nurse Recruiter Every Thursday 2 p.m.-3 p.m. Visit beebehealthcare.org/career-opportunities or call 302-645-3336 for details.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- RN License (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person