This position is responsible for the operations of the assigned SAVE-A-LOT retail store and ensures that the store achieves and maintains the operational standards set forth by the company. Responsible for providing leadership to store team resulting in excellent daily store conditions and positive work environment in a manner that maximizes sales, profits and a satisfying shopping experience for our customers. Responsible for hiring, training, coaching and developing store employees. Responsible for ensuring that all store employees comply with all SAVE-A-LOT policies and procedures. Responsibility for achieving and maintaining store conditions that meet the expectations of SAVE-A-LOT’s operational standards. Responsible for ensuring store compliance with all City, State and Federal requirements.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for ensuring the SAVE-A-LOT store is operated according to the operational standards set forth by the company and in a manner that maximizes sales and profits.
- Responsible for providing leadership that results in excellent daily store conditions to include, but not limited to, effective daily produce/meat department operations that fully adhere to SAVE-A-LOT’s operational standards, daily execution of Food Safety, Produce/Meat programs, safety policies including power equipment operation and ensures excellent daily sanitation standards are achieved.
- Responsible for expense control and managing all company assets, including but not limited to: shrink control, total payroll, productivity measurements and products/supply ordering.
- Responsible to analyze, understand and utilize operational/financial data to make appropriate business decisions.
- Provide leadership by selecting, staffing, coaching and developing store associates and by creating a positive store environment for employees and customers. This includes but not limited to: effective and open communication with all employees, hiring, training, coaching, developing and progressive disciplinary actions as required.
- Responsible for merchandising program execution and the visual presentation of merchandise, including store layout, all plan-o-grams, displays, price signs/tags and COOL signage; maintain a high standard of operation for customers which includes a clean, safe, well stocked, place to shop. This includes managing inventory levels to the specific metrics of the store and ensuring quality, freshness, and effective rotation practices to meet SAVE-A-LOT’s food safety standards.
- Responsible for the implementation of and compliance with all SAVE-A-LOT policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to; Accounting procedures and practices, Cash Handling, Inventory Processes, Loss Prevention, Payroll Administration, Sanitation, Food Safety, Best Methods, 5S, SCA, documentation, policy violations, administrative paperwork, and initiating effective communication with Business Unit staff, Retail Business Support staff and Human Resources concerning those areas or others as outlined.
- Responsible for acquiring Food Safety Certification in accordance with SAL policies and City/State requirements.
- Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all times.
- Responsible to comply with all City, State and Federal regulations.
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College degree or some college work completed preferred; or work equivalent
- Basic experience with electronic technology and communications
- Minimum of two (2) years grocery management experience or five (5) years progressively responsible management experience
- Management/Leadership experience supervising others along with previous experience in scheduling , merchandising; budgeting and expense control preferred
- Leadership and/or Management Training preferred
- Effective oral and written communications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Ability to effectively complete administrative paperwork in a timely manner
- Proficient in planning and analytical skills (comprehension of P&L’; budget and expense)
- Strong leadership and time management skills; bilingual a plus.
Must possess the following Leadership competencies:
Thought Leadership: Must be able to think broadly to resolve issues and understand the key business strategies, deliverables and processes. Identifies opportunities to improve store performance.
Results Leadership: Must show proactive initiative and strong drive for achieving stated goals and objectives. Must demonstrate commitment to manage work effectively, improve processes, improve store performance and satisfy customers.
People Leadership: Must possess strong communication skills. Must maintain positive relationship by respecting differences and collaboratively sharing information, best methods and personal expertise with team members. Must encourage commitment of store employees and be able to assess their abilities. Utilizes SAL hiring, staffing and training programs to select and develop store personnel.
Personal Leadership: Must lead by example. Must follow stated policies and take personal responsibility for actions. Adapt to changing environments and responsibilities and be open to learning and feedback.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
- Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing 20-50 lbs repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight may reach 50-80 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk and / or move about for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to push, pull, grasp, twist and use sawing motions for extended periods of time.
- Regularly works in freezers, coolers, refrigerators, inside and outside of the store in all weather conditions and inside delivery trucks.