Are you looking for a fulfilling career with a successful company that is growing and profitable? At Vanguard Truck Centers we invest in our people and recognize that our employees are our greatest assets. We are seeking talent that is driven with a great attitude, has a desire for success, team-oriented and are ultimate leaders.
Mission: To lead the industry in consistently meeting or exceeding our customer's expectations in the pursuit of profitable growth.
- To protect our integrity first
- To promote ingenuity and challenge everything
- To develop people
- To pursue excellence
The Company: Our strength is in our people and teamwork.
Vanguard Truck Centers owns and operates full service commercial truck centers in the United States. Our unique footprint allows us to provide a diverse range of products and services across many industries, and across the country.
Vanguard Truck Centers is a Successful Company that is Growing and Profitable.
Position: Parts Warehouse Clerk
As a Parts Warehouse Clerk, youll be responsible for stocking all incoming parts orders and the shipping of all outgoing parts for the dealership. Youll assist the Parts Manager and counter personnel in maintaining an efficient parts delivery system to customers and also helping drivers load delivery vehicles for each run. In this position, youll maintain an organized and efficient warehouse and ensuring adherence to all practices and policies required to meet these objectives.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid STD and Basic life
- Optional life and LTD
- Flexible Spending Account
- PTO Paid Time Off program
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Assists with annual physical inventory and maintains a perpetual inventory bin-maintenance system.
- Stocks and posts incoming orders.
- Assists in preparing for and performing annual parts inventory.
- Assists in monthly parts returns.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Ensures that areas of the parts department are properly stocked.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the parts department by disposing of used boxes and trash, sweeping floors, and dusting parts bins daily.
- Assists in crating and accounting for all core shipments back to the manufacturer when part has been replaced.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Keeps parts area clean and uncluttered.
- Maintain system for receiving and storing warranty parts for future shipping or scrap.
- Responsible for shipping warranty parts on a weekly basis.
- Assists in coordinating pick up and deliveries for parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors. And when needed make these deliveries in lieu of the drivers.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each delivery.
- Keeps and files accurate logs of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Ensures recipient's signature is on each delivery entry.
- Delivers parts to shop when needed and distributes to appropriate technicians.
- Delivers parts to customers, satellite stores or vendors when parts delivery drivers are not available.
- Ensures trucks are unloaded each night and all paperwork is turned in for undelivered parts.
- Responsible for coordination with pick up and deliveries to designated accounts when instructed by the parts or service departments.
- Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, inventory control administrator, parts counter people, or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last-minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High School Diploma or equivalent; 2 years of experience in parts and/or service environment.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS Must be fluent in English including the ability to effectively communicate using written and verbal skills. The ability to communicate in Spanish is helpful but not required.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS General math skills to include reconciling stock orders, quantity adjustments, etc.
- REASONING ABILITY This position is one which often requires the ability to multi-task. Must be able to quickly assess situations and make accurate decisions based on the information at hand.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Climbing, balancing, stopping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, medium work, ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc., balancing, and stooping.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. You may be exposed to dust, exhaust fumes, and a variety of hazardous and nonhazardous materials. The primary work location is in the parts warehouse; however you will be required to spend a large portion of their time in both cold and hot environments.
- The worker is subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective protection from weather. Also, the worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
Vanguard Truck Centers afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and will prohibit discrimination because of race, color, sex, religion, nation of origin, age, handicap or veteran status.