Software Developer, Systems Software
- Research, design, develop, and test operating system-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications.
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements
- May design embedded systems software.
- Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Participate in technical planning requirements.
- Ensure that software development process is followed on the project, and being familiar with industry best practices for software development.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Work as part of a team to help prioritize and plan upcoming development efforts across cross functional teams.
- Maintain coding standards for the team's development efforts
- Self-starter with the ability to take ownership and deliver on time, while maintaining high quality
- design and document coding standards development practice
- ability to learn, evaluate, and implement new frameworks, and patterns as they emerge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of computer Science or equivalent; without a degree three additional years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong leadership skills and prior experience as Senior Developer
- Experience with multiple Authentication mechanisms and schemes
- Experience with build tools
- Experience with tools needed for development
- Experience with multiple persistence mechanisms (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with event driven architectures and distributed microservice architectures
- Support, development and maintenance of multiple applications including adding new features to existing applications
- Experience developing frameworks for reuse across enterprise applications
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems
- Ability to work independently and own the process of software delivery
- Comfortable working with engineers of all strengths and experience
- Able to work with an architect to ensure solutions are delivered according to design
- Track record of delivering excellent customer experiences
- Knowledge of build systems and software integration systems
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts, explore and evaluate them systematically
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 - $100.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- REST: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote