Data Analyst (Remote)
FAR Consulting is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to help support a fast-growing business unit. The Analyst will mine, analyze, and produce meaningful data for a business team to help manage the identification, replacement and upgrades of surveillance technology currently deployed with existing customers. The Analysts’ work may include creating dashboards, ad hoc reports, and transaction analysis in support of this project.
The Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical and data management support services for other project functions. In this role, the analyst is expected to access multiple databases to compile a complete view of customers who are targeted for this project.
He or She will be responsible for extracting data and developing reports that will aid in the understanding of customers’ equipment profiles and lead to taking the appropriate actions. With a heavy focus on data mining, the Analyst will be responsible for extracting data to identify and clearly communicate accounts that are targeted for equipment swap.
- Data collection, cleansing, and validation
- Identify & present data findings with team members in order to quickly replace devices
- Support development of ad hoc reports for the purposes of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Support the identification of actionable insights and contribute to the development of business recommendations through effective presentations and communication of results
- Operationalize key findings, insights, and recommendations. Develops tools to speed and automate the production of dashboards, complex models, and analyses
- Develop standardized reporting to provide comprehensive visibility into performance and employee compliance to processes
- Willing to take specific direction from peer level timbers with experience
- 100% work from home role - must have good internet connection
- Functional understanding of SQL and database query tools to retrieve and compile data
- Functional understanding of database architecture and data access tools
- Functional understanding of financial data, billing data, operational data and technical data organization
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and thorough understanding of relational database.
- High skills and experience with advanced analytics and data preparation tools such as SAS, R, SQL, Tableau, Excel, Access, ODBC, etc.
- Basic skills in teamwork, communication, presentation, and time management to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while experience short-term interruptions
- BS/BA degree in quantitative related discipline strongly desired (statistics, QM, Computer Science, Economics, Analytics, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience preferred in related field (developing and implementing analytical solutions in Operations)
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Prior experience working with a cable company
Note: This position is 1099. W2 is a possibility as well.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $65.00 per hour
- SQL: 5 years (Preferred)
- Tableau: 5 years (Preferred)
- Data analytics: 7 years (Preferred)