WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
Are you the person who wants to inspire meaningful relationships and enhance people’s lives? Do you like to celebrate others? Do you take pride in everything you do? If so, we’re looking for YOU to join our team!
WHO WE ARE:
At Hallmark Gold Crown, we believe that it is our mission to help change the world, one moment, one celebration, one relationship at a time. We take this mission seriously. Our customers invite Hallmark into their lives to help them show how much they care – to commemorate life’s most special occasions, provide comfort through-life’s most trying times, and the everyday moments in between.
This part-time opportunity is located at our Hallmark Gold Crown store in Independence Center Independence, MO
The Hallmark Gold Crown store is the destination for all things caring. The place where all of the magical things Hallmark has to offer – cards, gifts, ornaments, movies, and more - come to life to inspire and support people in their desire to care and connect. We help with the perfect solution for all of life’s relationships and occasions – to feel more deeply, to celebrate more uniquely, and to connect more often. Our store team is driven to reach store goals while delivering a memorable experience to each of our shoppers because we genuinely care and choose to make a difference in the world and in our communities. Our Sales Leaders and Sales Associates are key to providing a ‘caring team’ atmosphere for our customers. The difference begins with YOU!
Our Sales Leaders and Sales Associates bring this mission to life in the store. They are the face of the Hallmark brand to customers and vital to the success of Hallmark engaging with our shoppers to help them find and build the perfect card and gift solutions for the many days and ways in which they care. Our customers rely on Hallmark’s caring team to help them in locating the right card and gift for their current need, surprising them with new ways for connecting with those they love, as well as planning for future relationship needs and milestones.
At each store we have multiple people in each of these two positions: Sales Leader and Sales Associate. We are looking for outstanding candidates for both! Read below to learn more about these roles.
WHO YOU ARE:
Someone who believes in the power of caring and connection to change the world. You nurture relationships and honor traditions. You find opportunities in life’s many moments – big and small, happy and sad, expected and unexpected – to show how much you care. You love working with people, and are naturally helpful and affirming. You often go the extra mile to make a day, lift a spirit, warm a heart, or lighten a load. You know that it truly is the little things in life that make the biggest difference.
Do the traits above describe you? (If so, you should really apply for this role!)
THE SALES ASSOCIATE BRINGS HALLMARK’S MISSION TO LIFE BY:
THE SALES LEADER BRINGS HALLMARK’S MISSION TO LIFE BY:
- Creating and maintaining a warm, inviting, easy-to-navigate shopping environment.
- Forming and sustaining relationships with customers – getting to know them and their needs and providing excellent service.
- Building and sharing expertise on products, promotions, services, and brand rewards programs – relevant and customized to the unique and wide range of shopper needs, relationships, and occasions.
- Helping and affirming customers in finding the perfect card and gift solutions to fulfill their missions of caring and connecting.
- Sharing and showcasing stories and communities of caring to reinforce the cycle of kindness.
- Making the interaction easy and convenient for shoppers by effectively handling store operations - product replenishment & merchandising, ringing sales, processing shipments, managing inventory, etc.
- Delivering an exceptional consumer shopping experience that leaves guests feeling inspired, enabled, affirmed, and eager to return.
- Working as a team to help meet the sales goals for the store by ensuring each customer leaves with everything they needed and a few things they didn’t know they needed!
HALLMARK BELIEVES IN ENRICHING THE LIVES OF OUR EMPLOYEES BY OFFERING BENEFITS PROGRAMS TO HELP YOU:
- All the characteristics and responsibilities identified for the sales associate and more…
- Consistently exemplifying a caring leader role that extends to the team, all customers and other business partners (internal and external). Striving to connect with others, build relationships and earn trust.
- Modeling and coaching selling skills and sharing product knowledge to ensure all team members are up to date on products and offerings to meet customer’s relationship needs.
- Directing staff when the Store Manager is not available and providing feedback along the way.
- Conducting point-of-sale audits and assisting the Store Manager with other inventory management procedures.
- Communicating daily priorities, goals, and store and corporate communications while ensuring a dynamic, fun, and supportive team environment.
- Take care of your future self:
- Savings/401(K) plan with 3% company match. Retail Sales Leads and Store Associates are part of the RSG Savings Plan which offers a 60% company match on employee contributions up to 5%. The employee is eligible after completing 1000 hours of service in first anniversary year or in any calendar year thereafter.
- Investment assistance.
- Access to voluntary benefits including dental, vision, critical illness, accident insurance, hospital indemnity and minimum essential coverage (preventive care).
- Take care of you and yours:
- Discounts on child care.
- Elder care counseling and referral programs.
In order to be considered for this role, the following is required:
- And More!
- Like a 40% shopping discount on merchandise purchased in a CSG store.
- As well as a variety of discounts made available by participating businesses including travel, computers and tax preparation.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- 16+ years of age with appropriate work permit as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including, events, holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to continuously stand/walk; frequently push/pull; occasionally bend/stoop/crawl/reach above shoulders/kneel; climb a ladder, and carry up to 40 pounds; i.e., fixture parts and cartons.
- To be considered for a lead role you must be: 18+ years of age with work permit as required. 1+ years’ experience in retail, sales or customer service OR 6+ months experience in a Hallmark Corporate Store. Available to open and close the store a 3+ times per week and 2+ weekend shifts per month.
- Previous specialty retail experience.
- Love of the Hallmark brand.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer-focused engagement and consultative selling skills.
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change.
- Desire and ability to learn the business.
- Proficiency and comfort using a computer and other technology.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed above) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Hallmark is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.