Graphic Artist IV
C6, a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., Goldbelt, Incorporated is an urban, Alaska Native, for-profit corporation with locations in Juneau, Alaska and Herndon, VA. Its primary purpose is to manage assets and to conduct business for the benefit of its shareholders, approximately 3,600 people, almost all of Alaska Native heritage. Goldbelt, Inc. is in search of a Graphic Artist IV to support the Joint Project Manager Medical Countermeasures Systems (JPM MCS), Operations Graphics & Design in Fort Detrick, MD.
10+ years experience with a Bachelor's degree;
15+ years experience in applicable field in lieu of degree.
Performance Based Tasks Required
- Serve as a senior-level designer, providing visual direction and creative/graphic services for complete design processes (i.e., market research, conceptualizing, design, and implementation of projects) using specialized technical skills in multiple disciplines (i.e., design, photography, illustration, page layout, typography, branding/visual identity, marketing, animation, and interactive media/web) and creating successful design solutions for both digital and print.
- Serve as the lead on creative vision and direction for projects, strategizing priorities, timelines, resources, and project goals. In addition, articulate project challenges to the Government lead.
- Provide creative services and visual content that aid communication, enhance understanding, attract, inspire, motivate, influence decisions, increase readability, and translate complex ideas.
- Articulate ideas in a manner that is clearly understood by senior leadership.
- Develop innovative graphical communications products and designs which follow organizational visual identity and meet project objectives, including but not limited to the following:
o Technical art
o Info graphics:
charts, diagrams, photos, illustrations, schedules, and timelines
o Visual identity/branding:
logos, business cards, stationary, and templates
magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and books
o Displays/conference materials:
brochures, posters, tent cards, folders, bios, briefs, and display banners
animations, videos, web interface graphics
- Collaborate with staff to determine the scope/message of a project and design media solutions that incorporate a strategic view.
- Independently manage projects from start to finish (i.e., brainstorming concepts, copywriting, organizing information, and approaching projects with basic marketing fundamentals in mind).
- Ensure creative alignment with the organizational branding and marketing strategy, reinforcing branding through cutting edge design.
- Collaborate with technical, science, acquisition, and logistic professionals; leadership; and technical writers on the visual solutions (i.e., standard charts, tables, art/illustrations, and photos) to be included within important product lifecycle/milestone documentation and briefings.
- Use innovation to redefine design briefing templates, for both routine and customized use, to be used during events, conferences, and a variety of marketing or information briefings. Develop visual art or designs for each template, ensuring that they are optimized for both quality screen resolution and final print and the final product is delivered within the constraints of cost and time.
- Design and prepare graphics (i.e., briefings, photography, original artwork, organizational charts, signage, framed items, and multi-media) to be used at internal and external meetings and conferences, providing a clear and concise message to the target audience.
- Coordinate with the appropriate personnel to facilitate proper approval for public release.
- Maintain visual excellence and organizational identify by promoting graphic design best practices and standards and following creative process methods (i.e., critical thinking, analysis, conceptual and visual solutions).
- Maintain SOPs for the process of briefing with graphics and provide staff-wide graphics training.
- Assist in determining the best design and location for communications archives in approved Government electronic storage location(s).
- Design interactive elements (e.g., banners, ads, newsfeeds, etc.) and illustrate website art (e.g., designs, photo montages, banners, etc.) for the external website and internal SharePoint Intranet.
- Design visual art images or interactive elements, media images, banners, ads, newsfeeds, profiles, or timelines for various social media sites for JPM MCS (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, MILSUITE, etc.).
- Maintain a Command Overview Briefing for JPM MCS, designing all briefing visual content (approximately 50+ slides) and coordinating with the Director and Deputy Director of Acquisition monthly for maintenance and content updates.
- Collaborate with the customer to develop a storyboard and design interactive/animation briefings that introduce art, photos, moving/animation elements, and other design techniques. (This project requires diligent project management skills, development of a detailed storyboard and project timeline, and multiple resources to complete.)
- Serve as a member of the SharePoint Working Group.
- Participate in presentations/briefings and meetings.
Experience and/or Certifications Required
- Possess working knowledge in the creative development process.
- Possess a good understanding of the design development process, including schedules, costs, and resources needed to efficiently produce high quality work on time and to specification.
- Possess demonstrated experience developing creative solutions in a variety of media.
- Possess the ability to analyze the strategic environment of the requiring office and efficiently convey information to multiple stakeholders.
- Possess an understanding of brand-specific aesthetics to ensure branding and visual communications marketing material for the requiring office are cutting edge and meet the strategic message.
- Possess the capability to present products which are tailored to specific audiences, clearly express the information intended to be shared, and incorporate effective design elements to enhance and strengthen the message.
- Possess conceptual, design, and project management skills, capable of presenting ideas to senior leadership; a self-starter with significant management experience and the capability to lead a creative team experience.
- Possess excellent typographic and design skill and expertise in exhibit design.
- Possess proficiency with Apple Macintosh and PC platforms.
- Possess a working knowledge of the creative requirements of multiple marketing communications media (i.e., advertising, direct marketing, interactive, and collateral) in both print and broadcast mediums.
- Possess superior skills with Adobe Creative Suite design software (i.e., CS5, CS6, or CC), to include Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, and Acrobat.
- Possess superior skills in Microsoft Office 2013, to include PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook. In addition, possess working knowledge of SharePoint.