Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities.
As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve decision-making in the intelligence community. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll develop machine learning algorithms, predictive analytics, and web applications to provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in improving decision-making in the intelligence community.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with using Python to perform rapid prototyping of data analysis, mining, and data visualization
- Experience in working with big data analysis and cloud environments
- Experience with developing applications in UI and UX design
- Experience with the application of advanced data science and data analytics, including structured, unstructured, or relational, data mining, and machine learning techniques
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with server systems administration or configuration tasks in Windows or Linux environments
- Ability to exhibit flexibility, initiative, and innovation to succeed in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment to compose client deliverable quality documentation, analysis, and reports
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree in CS, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Experience with Java
- Experience with time series and geo-temporal data analysis
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Big Data analytics, including Hadoop, Spark, and TensorFlow graph analytics and performing natural language processing
- Knowledge of object creation using Splunk and Tableau a plus
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent consulting skills
- MA or MS degree in CS, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Technology, Science, or Engineering preferred; PhD degree in CS, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Technology, Science, or Engineering a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.