- Leads clinical practice initiatives to include all phases of planning, tracking and implementation.
- Leads and manages initiatives related to evidence-based practice in physical therapy including clinical practice guidelines, PTNow, and standards of physical therapist practice.
- Coordinates the work of member content experts to support evidence-based practice initiatives and other Association programs.
- Thinks strategically, oversees and leads the CPG development, implementation, and continuous review processes to ensure relevance and translation of knowledge to clinicians.
- Leads and manages efforts related to collaboration with international physical therapy associations and other international organizations to promote evidence-based practice and promote the role of physical therapy in the management of health conditions.
- Identify the need for practice and education resources, and lead efforts to create resources germane to APTA and international physical therapy associations’ initiatives.
- Communicates effectively with and supports staff and members involved in the development of practice related resources.
- Communicates the Association’s vision and mission to internal and external stakeholders.
- 5 years’ experience as a physical therapist
- Advance academic degree in a field relevant tophysical therapist practice
- Current member of the APTA
- Demonstratedproject management, professional writing and verbal communication
- Skills and previous presentation/publicspeaking experience
- Willingness to travel and represent, includingpublic speaking, the Association at a variety of physical therapy professionalmeetings/conferences, and at meetings/conferences of external organizations andstakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in implementation of evidence basedpractice resources
- Ability to analyze problems and identifysolutions
- Ability to be mobile
- Minimal travel (20%)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements when applying. Applicants will not be considered without salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement