Join the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetics, as we undergo an expansion of our current program! We are seeking an Assistant or Associate Professor level candidates to join our current physician, genetics nurse practitioner, five genetic counselors, and metabolic dietician.
- Superb working environment
- Collaborate with clinical experts in pediatrics, medicine, and OB/MFM subspecialties, including cardiology, neurology, and hematology/oncology.
- Strong clinical outpatient practice and inpatient consult service, including newborn screening follow-up, outreach clinics across Maryland and combined genetics-focused specialty services
- Opportunity to engage in research with clinical and basic science colleagues at the University of Maryland Baltimore professional campus (medicine, pharmacy, nursing, dentistry, law, social work)
- Great teaching opportunities with medical students, residents, fellows, graduate and genetic counseling students
- Clinical practices at convenient locations (suburban and urban)
- On-site clinical biochemical genetics, cytogenetics, and translational genomics laboratories
- U.S. News & World Report rated programs
- Outstanding clinical services in pediatrics, medicine, neurology, OB/GYN, surgery
- Renowned genetic counseling training program and graduate program in human genetics and epidemiology
- Recognized Mitochondrial Medicine Center by the Mitochondrial Care Network
- Interdepartmental Program in Personalized and Genomic Medicine (http://medschool.umaryland.edu/genetics/) facilitating genomic research collaborations
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Clinical Genetics and Genomics
- J1 or H1B waiver physicians welcome to apply!
- Very generous leave package
- Dependent tuition remission for any school within the University of Maryland system
- Excellent pension/retirement plans
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
We are seeking a dynamic individual interested in clinical practice in an academic setting, with opportunities for research depending on candidate. There is excellent departmental and institutional support and mentoring for individual and collaborative scholarly activities. Our growing division of physicians, GCs, RNP and RD works collaboratively to provide clinical genetic services across all ages and conditions; applicants with particular interest and experience in metabolic disorders are encouraged. We work closely with colleagues in Pediatrics, Medicine, OB/Gyn and across other schools (e.g., Pharmacy and Dentistry). There are opportunities to participate in and/or develop new areas of clinical focus.
We are located near the downtown Inner Harbor area, just one of Baltimore’s many outstanding attractions. From fine arts and orchestras to professional sports teams, first-class dining and shopping to a wealth of historical sites, our city offers a full range of recreational and cultural opportunities. Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City are within easy reach, as well as beaches to the east and mountains to the west. Educational excellence abounds, as do family-friendly neighborhoods and urban living options. Visit us online at www.ummsphysician.jobs to learn more.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.