Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Chandler, Arizona
This is an entry level support position that is great for someone that has future aspiration in Finance or Accounting. If you would like to work for a team that is excited to be part of making a difference in the lives of others, we want you!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position provides routine secretarial/clerical support for a department or several departments. The incumbent uses standing instructions to complete their tasks. Unusual situations require supervisor involvement.
- Performs data entry , such as indexing incoming faxes and scanning various documents into appropriate computer systems. May include producing/maintaining daily, weekly or monthly reports/lists ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintains department equiptment. Organizes departmental files, paperwork and/or documentation and ensures the confidentiality of those items.
- May answer incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel in a timely, effective, and accurate manner. This may also include serving onsite visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them to the appropriate personnel in a professional and timely manner.
- May perform other office and clerical support work including, but not limited to, maintaining/ordering office supplies, making copies, sending faxes, opening/distributing mail, maintaining menu boards and special events signage and/or other routine responsibilities.
- Works cohesively with team members to ensure delivery of outstanding customer service, in a positive work environment, that supports the departments ongoing goals and objectives.
- May assist and participate in system testing and support to increase effectiveness of new changes or modifications.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledgeuires high school diploma or equivalent and one year clerical support experience.
Strong communication and human relations skills are necessary. The incumbent should have knowledge of office practices and procedures and the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Must have familiarity of a personal computer and spreadsheet and word processing software. Must have the ability to type or word process with speed and accuracy. Good organizational skills are essential to handle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.