Donahue Fitzgerald LLP provides its clients a full range of civil legal services across a broad spectrum of areas and expertise. Our clients range from individuals, sole proprietorships, closely held businesses to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, and include some of the country’s most prominent technology companies and retailers.
We are seeking an experienced Paralegal for our Estates and Trusts practice group in our Oakland office. This position primarily for trust administrations, court supervised administrations, and draft estate plans. The successful candidate must thrive in a fast pace and high volume environment, be highly organized and detail oriented, and be able to work independently.
Under the direct supervision of an attorney, this position will:
- Assist in the drafting of estate planning and trust administration documents;
- Prepare asset lists, analyze bank and business records, identify trust and non-trust assets, and identify title and character of assets;
- Meet and communicate with clients and client advisors;
- Assist clients with trust funding and preparing documents to facilitate same, recordation of deeds with accompanying transfer documents;
- Maintain client files and prepare materials for client meetings;
- Prepare and assemble federal estate tax returns; and
- Calendar critical deadlines and meetings.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have knowledge of the Probate Court process including court filings, including for example, petitions for instructions, Probate Code Sections 850 petitions, petitions to approve accountings, and objections and replies to petitions.
- Familiarity with Probate Code notice requirements and ability to manage calendar notice deadlines.
- Manage trust and probate administration case matter and deadlines.
- Determine beneficiaries and persons entitled to notice
- Knowledge of court-supervised procedures to transfer property without probate (including spousal property petitions, Heggstad petitions, and affidavits regarding real property of small value)
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a paralegal in estate planning, and will be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including the use of a calendaring program.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter.
Donahue Fitzgerald is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- paralegal: 7 years (Required)