We are currently seeking a Financial Aid Administrator. The Financial Aid Administrator is responsible for the administration of financial aid awards to students and advising students and parents regarding financial aid matters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct financial aid appointments with students and/or parents.
- Review all required financial aid documentation for accuracy and federal guidelines.
- Review the FAFSA for errors and documentation required regarding age, SSN, citizenship, income and dependency status.
- Follow up and follow through with students and/or parents on missing documentation necessary for determination of financial aid eligibility.
- Correct and transmit ISIRs when corrections are needed for awarding of Federal Aid.
- Run credit checks for Federal Direct Parent Plus loans when eligible.
- Conduct Entrance and Exit Counseling with students.
- Package and award students Federal and Institutional funds per Federal Guidelines and institutional policies.
- Coordinate with the Finance Department for financial plans for students.
- Follow up and follow through with students and/or parents on payments due.
- Initiate professional judgment process for eligible students.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to reconcile student accounts where there are discrepancies and financial aid is involved.
- Complete and return paperwork for students who qualify for outside, state and other scholarships by paper or electronically.
- Perform other duties as necessary and as assigned.Qualifications: High School Diploma RequiredFinancial Aid experience preferred but not required. We are willing to train the right person.Strong organization skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to relate effectively with many types of individuals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)