Home, Hope & Healing is seeking a skilled and compassionate RN, to work with a Pediatric client in the Mt Vernon area, who shares our vision to enrich the lives of clients and their families. We specialize in nursing care for medically complex clients in their homes through block time nursing; this gives nurses the opportunity to know the client clinically as well as providing support to the family. You will make a real difference in enhancing and improving the quality of our clients’ lives with your nursing skills. Block time shifts enable you to provide one-on-one services in one client home, for 8-12 hours per shift typically.
Flexible hours and schedule are available to work per diem (as needed), or up to full time, regular hours with benefits!
We ensure all our staff are well trained through client-specific education and hands-on training before working with our pediatric or adult clients.
This position reports to and is supported by a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Regional Clinical Coordinator (RCC) role.
Duties include but are not limited to: proactively apply nursing process to meet the needs of the client and to facilitate the achievement of individualized, defined and measurable outcomes; confer with client’s physician in developing, implementing, and revising a treatment plan based on initial and ongoing assessments and by policy/regulation; adhere to the treatment plan in the provision of care; initiate contact with the physician and RCC in a timely manner, utilizing appropriate, professional judgement; ensure interim/renewal physician orders are obtained as necessary and communicated effectively; and coordinate supply and equipment needs with DME vendors. The RN will also assess the appropriateness/effectiveness of LPN, CNA, and PSS services as well as provide on-site supervision and direction to them.
Ideal applicants will:
• possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• have excellent interpersonal and appropriate supervisory skills
• have excellent work boundaries and professionalism
• relate with compassion and empathy and provide warm encouragement
• have the highest integrity, is trustworthy and honest, to care for the client in the security of their home
• fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
• possess great verbal communication skills, and good writing skills for documenting activities
• maintain excellent communication with HHH office staff and supervisory staff
• be adaptable in overcoming challenges and stressful situations with calmness and courtesy
• be able to lift, pull and/or transfer a client less than 35 lbs. without the assistance of a mechanical device while utilizing proper body mechanics; lift and/or transfer a client with a mechanical device or 2-person assist whose weight is 35-60 lbs., and by mechanical device only if client exceeds 60 lbs.
• fulfill other physical demands of the position such as bend, twist, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; capable of prolonged standing, walking, and occasional stair climbing.
• have reliable transportation
Educational & Other Requirements:
• Current state of Maine Professional Nursing License (RN)
• One year of clinical experience in home care, or one year of professional nursing experience within the past three years, or for newly-licensed nurses and those who wish to return to clinical nursing, ask about our Preceptor Program!
• Valid driver’s license
• Successful passing of background checks
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts (health and dependent care) - offered to part-time, 30-35 hours/week, or full-time (36-40 hours/week) staff.
Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual for vacation, sick, and holiday time off; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and other supplemental insurances – offered to part-time, 20-35 hours/week, or FT (36-40 hours/week) staff.
401(k) Retirement Plan – offered to all staff (per diem, part-time or full-time) who satisfy one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked.
Pay is determined upon hire and based on experience. EOE.