Located in San Francisco, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing a cross functional team of solar developers, financing experts, construction and engineering staff, and other project stakeholders to assure the completion of utility scale solar project on time and within budget. The process of developing and building a utility scale solar project is extremely complex and involves dozens of stakeholders from both internal and external entities. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for outlining, creating, and managing a comprehensive Project Plan designed to manage risks, leverage internal and external resources, and to assure the project is successfully developed, constructed, and financed.
The Senior Project Manager will have extensive Project Management expertise and can display their ability to plan and manage multiple internal and external resources to get their project done on time and within budget. They must have proven experience managing complicated projects in development and/or construction. The Senior Project Manager will report into the Head of Project Development for Solar Frontier’s development business and may ultimately direct a team of Project Managers.
- Develop a comprehensive Project Plan that details every aspect of planning, budgeting, development, engineering, permitting, construction, risks, internal and external resources.
- Collaboratively develop a comprehensive Work Breakdown Structure to formulate the basis for the Project Plan.
- Manage and direct all the activities within the Work Breakdown Structure to assure the project’s completion on time and within budget.
- Identify internal and external resources for implementing strategy
- Develop individual project development plans, schedules, risk assessments, milestones and deadlines to ensure projects are on track through all phases
- Create and manage project budgets (development, construction, and operation) and implement and manage payment schedules
- Coordinate activities to establish financeable lease/purchase options and site control agreements
- Assemble Permitting Plan with Engineering and Construction which will assure timely execution of permits and licenses for interconnection and transmission
- Liaise and manage relationships with governmental entities, and environmental and engineering firms to meet all land use, interconnection, PPA and permitting requirements
- Manage interconnection, transmission and PPA agreements review and negotiations with utilities
- Collaborate with legal department in drafting and negotiating agreements
- Contract management of the project contracts, ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions as well as analyzing the agreements for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational performance and minimizing risk.
- Understand relevant state, county and city codes, procedures and regulations required by local planning and building departments
- Supervise engineering, procurement and construction process
- Manage internal approvals and conduct Management Briefings weekly
- Outline and manage project due diligence for Financing, Sales and M&A activities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage complex projects and a history or working with cross functional teams in a start-up environment
- Advanced knowledge of construction, engineering, and/or solar development in California
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Capable leader who can effectively manage others to high performance
- Driven, hard-working individual with high standards for self and others
- Resourceful and comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment
Experience & Education
- 4 year degree in engineering preferred and/or MBA
- Certified PMP or equivalent professional Project Management training is required
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager on complex projects including construction of wind and solar, commercial real estate development, or similar large scale projects
- Experience with development and construction of utility scale PV solar projects in California is a plus
- Experienced and effective manager of projects, people, and strategy
- Willingness to travel as needed to assure the project’s completion on time and within budget.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 3 years