Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary function of position:
The U.S. ION® Endoluminal Clinical Applications Engineer (CAE) reports to the U.S. ION® Endoluminal Sales Senior Director. The ION® CAE plays a critical role in the early adoption of the Ion® platform in expanding access to robotic minimally invasive care for lung biopsy. This individual will be primarily focused on building and supporting early users through their system learning curve and provide technical expertise on the system as applicable during clinical procedures. They will play a crucial role in transitioning users from their initial training to proficiency with the system and its use for the Endoluminal applications.
- Provide procedural support to new users to promote safety and effective progression.
- Collaborate with ESRs and ESMs to support new users through their early learning curve.
- Provide expert clinical product and technical assistance and training to physicians and clinical staff on the effective use of Intuitive’s Ion Endoluminal system and associated equipment during clinical procedures.
- Identify key areas of concerns for clinical users for procedure adoption and collaborate with training and CDE partners to evaluate and address them.
- Drive collaboration and maintain consistent, open lines of communication across the assigned responsibilities with local ESR/ESM teams as well as the CDE teams.
- Collaborate with peers and Clinical Development Engineering (CDE) partners to develop and share best practices and product feedback.
- Stay current on company products instructions for use (IFU), best practices and technical troubleshooting, as well as relevant scientific clinical literature and new product information.
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical engineering or in healthcare based field
- A minimum of 2 years of technical or clinical experience in healthcare
- Knowledge of the Pulmonology/Bronchoscopy space environment is a plus
- Self-starter who performs well with autonomy and can be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Problem solver who can maintain composure and think critically in high pressure environments
- Highly collaborative and works well in team environment
- Effective communication skills including oral, written and interpersonal
- Experience working with highly complex technical systems and/or working in a critical patient care setting
- Ability to process large amounts of data and translate information into actionable insights
- Desire to learn and build new skills
- Ability to travel up to 60% and located near a major airline hub
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.