CREDIT UNION MSR POSITION SUMMARY:
Provides seamless delivery of service, and/or fulfillment requests by answering calls, chat messages or emails at our Long Beach branch. Requires knowledge of multiple credit union products and ability to deepen or retain relationships through service. Performs routine account-related transactions. Involves referring members to the appropriate line of business for products not supported. May be required to solve problems and investigate/resolve a wide variety of issues and requests that include gathering additional information, setting expectations and working with other support staff to fulfill the request. May handle escalated issues by successfully navigating the organization to resolve member requests. Routes, maintains and tracks outstanding servicing requests and provides thorough follow up. Accountable for the successful resolution of all member banking requests.
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Demonstrates a highly motivated, positive, outgoing, influential personality with a strong emphasis on sales and results orientation to ensure the credit union maximizes lending and sales opportunities with members and potential members.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage, balance, and oversee branch operations in partnership with the V.P. of Operations.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to think independently, outside the box, by effectively responding to each individual member’s unique situation.
- Subscribe to the Credit Union philosophy, educating members on the benefits of being an owner.
- Utilize loss prevention measures to minimize losses including the review of all negotiable instruments involved in transactions.
- Provides feedback to management of critical issues, interest, and concerns of members to support on-going efforts to improve service and products.
- Commands a thorough knowledge of banking, branch operations, member service and lending process.
- Demonstrates an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service and teamwork that ensures a Raving Fans experience with each encounter.
- Is fully knowledgeable of all credit union products and services and is able to confidently offer appropriate solutions to fit member need.
- Is able to clearly and effectively communicate with members and all levels of staff in oral and written form and is proficient with applicable technology.
1. Results Orientation – Is keenly aware of personal, team, branch, departmental and company-wide goals and is able to prioritize work to achieve funding goals. Demonstrates the ability to excel in a high stress environment and is able to meet goals and deadlines. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles to maintain above average closing ratios.
2. Member Service – Demonstrates an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional member service that ensures a Raving Fans experience with each encounter. Views situations from the member’s perspective to effectively respond to their needs and concerns; often going beyond the initial need or expressed concern of the member. Follows up to make sure the member’s expectations have been met or exceeded. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways members can easily understand. Demonstrates patience, respect and empathy when dealing with difficult members or their complaints. Personifies VA Desert Pacific FCU’s role as a Trusted Advisor.
3. Initiative – A motivated self-starter who measures self against standards of excellence. Actively and consistently seeks qualified opportunities to increase loan volume and residual product penetration. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals. Actively supports member education events and seminars.
4. Accountability – Demonstrates responsibility for providing timely and accurate information, responses and decisions to internal and external members. Accurately and efficiently performs transactions and member requests. Willingly accepts and embraces constructive coaching and feedback as needed. Assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
5. Effective Communication – Persuasive and confident. Uses clear and simple language to communicate information and decisions to internal and external members. Explains recommendations, products and services in ways members can easily understand. Demonstrates sensitivity to cultural and gender differences.
6. Teamwork – Builds rapport with fellow teammates and credit union staff. Demonstrates genuine concern for others and shares personal expertise with peers. Displays flexibility regarding scheduling. Fosters a spirit of cooperation to ensure the success of the team.
7. Technologically Astute – Demonstrates the ability to use technology to effectively and efficiently perform job functions. Has good working knowledge of the following of Microsoft Office.
8. Learning Orientation – Actively participates in and completes all ongoing required loan and sales training. Willingly adapts to changes in work environment. Participates in self-development programs).
Experience utilizing the following software applications preferred: Symitar products, specifically Episys Quest, Synergy, and Synapsys.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stand. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
All members and employees are required to wear face masks while inside the office. All mandates as stated in the ETS for the State of California and County of Los Angeles are in effect.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 2 years (Required)
- Credit Union/Banking: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person