At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
Digital Customer Service Representative 1
Sarasota, FL USA, Virtual - Work at Home
Supervisor - Digital Care Team
Seasonal, Hourly, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
A new team is being created at Jackson Hewitt and this is your chance to shine!
CONSULTATIVE - NEXT BEST ACTION CONVERSATIONS – Inbound Calls and Live Chats.
As a member of the founding team for a new business initiative at Jackson Hewitt, our Digital Customer Service Representatives will be an essential asset in a transformative, high-growth business that will be starting up before the next Tax season is upon us.
Our services will include a new high-touch concierge-level engagement program with Customers for an innovative and game-changing new product, as well as significantly grow our presence in self-service online tax prep and online live chat.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Must demonstrate excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation abilities.
- Present a professional, courteous, and confident demeanor via verbal and/or written communications.
- Use multiple tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and provide accurate information with a goal of recommending the Customer’s next best action to take towards service completion.
- Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Customer issues.
- De-escalate and handle difficult Customer situations.
- Understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
- Understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Customer in a manner which is easily understood.
- Accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
- Handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Customer information.
- Diligently and accurately document Customer records and cases.
- May be asked to assist with other program support including email, web chat, co-browse, outbound calling, or other support initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant Contact Center experience.
- Bi Lingual Spanish a plus.
- Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills
- Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
WORK AT HOME REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 10 PC with minimum of 4 gigs of Ram and Google Chrome as main browser
- Wired or Wireless Network speed at or above 20 mbps
- A quiet room with no background noise or possibility of audible interruptions
- Dual ear USB Headset with microphone and noise cancelling function
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT
- Keying / typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Minimum 35 WPM
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in a Work at Home Contact Center environment.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.