- Exceed our customers’ evolving expectations by preparing the freshest quality product while providing World Class customer service and a pleasant and rewarding shopping experience.
- Build relationships with and educate our customers in order to create sales (including event planning).
- Maintain and restock display areas on the gourmet foods sales floor (e.g., olive bar, cheese bar, crackers, upright freezer, etc.).
- Check for stock status and item prices in the computer system.
- Process customer orders in the store and on the phone.
- Maintain proper department conditions and supplies (e.g., pricing, stocking, shelf, cheese case, sales floor, backroom, freezer, cooler, etc.).
- Operate, clean, and reassemble equipment/machinery where applicable.
- Receive product, bag/box products, operate a cash register, retrieve carriages, return back-shop, and perform other tasks as needed.
- Ability to represent A Culture of Caring and The Pursuit of Excellence™ through Big Y’s Firm Foundations™ (Character, Collaboration, Personal Development, Actions & Results).
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for and pairing of food through interactive sales techniques.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike conduct.
- Ability to operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the store.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.