Local pick-up and delivery of general freight. Position is Monday-Friday day shift.Transport and deliver freight employing a combination of driving tractor and trailer, handling of freight and completion of required paperwork and/or electronic equivalents. We offer great benefits, 9 paid holidays, vacation and a 401K profit sharing plan to eligible employees. LJTE is an equal opportunity employer.
- Possess a valid and unrestricted Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License.
- Possess valid and unrestricted hazardous materials and tank endorsements. (This is dry van trailer work, not tanker. Approximately 7% of the freight is hazardous materials and the tank endorsement is due to a DOT interpretation of tank endorsement requirements).
- Acceptable motor vehicle record.
- 2 years verifiable tractor trailer driving experience.
- Ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs and maintain driver’s logs.
- Have good oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions via phone or mobile device.
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance of equipment and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Must meet or exceed the medical/physical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Must satisfactorily pass a DOT prescribed controlled substance (drug) test.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- Class A: 2 years (Required)
- Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Tank endorsement. (Required)
Trucking freight handling:
Lease purchase program offered: