InvestX Capital is an established fast-moving investment management and fintech company launched in March 2014 backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX is a specialist in late stage venture investments and has invested in the world's leading companies including DocuSign, Spotify, Uber, Pinterest, Palantir, Dropbox, Instacart, Airbnb, Indigo, SoFi and many others.
InvestX is currently investing from its second fund and has more than 20 dedicated SPV funds it manages. Exited annualized returns net of fees has been 43% to date.
InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones, Thomson Reuters, New York Times and others.
San Francisco / Palo Alto or New York
You are a seasoned investment professional who has significant work experience in the late-stage venture capital space. You will be responsible for two core areas:
1) Sourcing, due diligence, modelling and helping manage the firm’s investments in the Technology, Enterprise Software, IT, IoT, and Consumer Platforms areas.
2) Help source, build relationships and negotiate share transactions with the secondary eco system to purchase shares in investee companies at our fund’s target share prices.
- Quarterbacking all stages of our private capital investments including company-specific diligence, market analysis, conducting primary and secondary research, development of investment themes, modelling, due diligence, negotiation, and investment committee presentations
- Monitor financial and operational conditions and industry dynamics of portfolio companies and understand investment capital structure to analyze portfolio and assist with quarterly reviews with a senior team
- Build relationships with leading executives, VC firms, LP’s, and other institutional investors to increase our access to share supply for our investment mandates
- Structure and negotiate purchase agreements
- Work with internal teams in legal, finance and compliance to complete transactions
- Over 5 years of work experience including significant experience at a top-tier venture capital firm, major corporate venture capital group or investment banking firm. Work experience in the Bay area preferred
- MBA, CFA or other advanced degrees from a top-tier graduate program
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; “big picture” view with attention to detail is critical
If this opportunity sounds like it is a good match with your skills, background and career direction, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org