The Senior Operations Human Resource Business Partner (Sr. Ops HRBP) acts as a strategic partner to operations leadership teams by understanding the unique business conditions of the team and incorporating HR strategy. The Sr. Operations HRBP is a subject matter expert for associates and leadership on all Human Resource questions and advising. The Sr. Operations HRBP will ensure proper communication of corporate HR programs and compliance. The Sr. Operations HRBP will also be responsible for assisting in the development of the site leadership teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all standard work is followed on a consistent and accurate basis throughout the year so customers have consistent support. Research, ask questions and clarify processes to understand standard work and confirm items are being handled appropriately. Drive process improvement on and lead the HR Operations team in challenging current processes and driving change. This will be measured by HR leadership team through feedback from coaching, from the administration team and from customers.
- Work towards zero customer disappointment by meeting deadlines for all project work. Provide timely communication responses to support business objectives.
Recruiting and Onboarding:
- Know the business being served at a deep level; this requires constant engagement with the management team including attending and participating in leadership meetings. Participate in DOM’s, Start of Shift meetings, Ops Reviews and respond quickly and with sound business acumen to shifting priorities based on business need.
- Provide clear, well organized and accurate information to the business regarding all Corporate Human Resource initiatives (Merit Planning, Organizational Reviews, Promotional Processes, Year End Calibration, Open Enrollment etc.).
- Oversees HR Admins in scheduling/organizing Brown Bag Lunches (BBL’S). Participate as a scribe and co-facilitator for BBL’s. Reflect on feedback and coach Leaders in addressing associate concerns as appropriate after each BBL.
- Ensure Exit Interviews are conducted for each voluntary departing associate; report back on the individual feedback, and build themes for collective feedback we are receiving from departing associates. Consolidate themes and report to HR Site Managers as a tool in understanding the VOA.
- Collaborate with Supervisors and Site/Manufacturing Managers and service group Directors on HR strategies and solutions that support business needs. Assist leaders in implementation of strategies.
- Investigate associate issues and complaints in a timely, professional manner. Summarize and make recommendations for issue resolution to HR Site Managers. Provide Supervisors/Site Managers with appropriate advice and counsel on associate issues.
- Actively manage the Performance Management and Merit planning process for associates by understanding the standard work, deadlines and communication pieces from the corporate team. Deliver the expectations in a clear and concise manner to the management teams and follow up on all relevant deadlines. Lead rating calibration discussions. Challenge the leadership team where appropriate.
- Drive performance management, not just on an annual basis but throughout the year by coaching management team on appropriate goal setting, coaching, and feedback. Analyze trends in performance issues and assist Supervisors and Site Managers in creating pro-active solutions.
- Participate in the annual Affirmative Action Planning compensation and position analysis. Understand and explain outliers to the leadership team and recommend corrections as appropriate.
Workforce and Leadership Development:
- Own staffing processes for service group, partner with Hourly Recruiting and Supervisors to ensure candidates are sourced, positions filled and the shop floor is running optimally through fully staffed work centers.
- Attend labor planning meetings for service group to assist planning and operations in achieving alignment to staffing plans. Participate in the interview process for Supervisor and Site Manager positions.
- Facilitate “New Leader Assimilation/On-Boarding” for managers at site so their new roles are off to a successful start. Follow standard work to make sure all steps are completed including the On Boarding Competency orientation process for office associates.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Analyze gaps in Supervisor Leadership performance and partner with Manufacturing Site Leadership teams to create development strategies
- Participate and provide insight in Talent Review process.
- Assist management team in evaluating current and future talent needs
- Partner with T&D specialists in the development of workforce training and development and assist Site Leadership in responding to gaps in the current workforce
- Support Corporate initiatives in driving local VOA survey results
- Partner with Sr. HRBP’s supporting functional groups to coordinate monthly HRBP Roundtable; focus on collaboration and development of the team
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3+ years HR Business Partner experience
Strong computer software skills (i.e. MS Office, Org Plus, etc.), interviewing, facilitation, and presentation skills. Excellent oral and written communication. Must be able to resolve conflict and manage relationships. Exceptional customer service, sense of urgency, and detail orientation is required. Broad organizational knowledge is preferred.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.