AAbout the Walmart Design team
The Walmart Design team aims to create best-in-class user experience for customers who shop online on our sites from their mobile devices and desktops. We conduct full design cycles from ideation, exploring experience design concepts, to prototyping and testing. Our design experts include Product Designers, Content Strategists and User Researchers and it is incredibly exciting and rewarding to see products in our customers hands.
Take part in designing the global shopping experience of the future and changing the way 245 million customers shop Every Day Essentials, Home Furniture, Electronics, Groceries and more. You will design for all screens, from handheld to tablet, desktops and beyond. The Walmart Design team practices customer-focused, lean UX.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Human Factors or Engineering Psychology.
- You have experience with formative and summative research methods, in particular usability evaluations. Exploratory methods such as participatory design a plus.
- You have an ability to turn observations in studies into actionable findings.
- You thrive on working in a team environment and being part of the conversation.
- You know what valid & reliable findings are and deliver them to the team, but also look for ways to introduce creativity into your research process.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of conceptual and co-design research methods, such a participatory design.
- Experience with quantitative methods and how to bring together qualitative & quantitative data into a cohesive, coherent findings.
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
About the project
The project focuses on improving customers shopping experience in Walmart eCommerce. Key stakeholders include senior members of User Experience and Global Product. Milestones will include a design critique with the Design leadership team and a product review with Product leadership. Expected deliverables include detailed design documentation, well though-out concepts and compelling prototypes.