Title: Nurse Practitioner, Virginia Hospital Center Pediatrics
Schedule: Full-time hours would be available December through mid-February. After that, the role switches back to PRN (as needed) capacity
Location: Arlington, VA
Compensation: Competitive compensation
Requirements: Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required. Licensure to practice as a Registerec Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia and current certification required. Authorization to Prescribe issued by the Virginia State Board of Health Professions required. Unrestricted DEA registration required. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Arlington Pediatric Center, a service of Virginia Hospital Center, is dedicated to its mission to provide a Medical Home offering comprehensive, affordable, quality healthcare in a culturally-sensitive environment to children, birth through 18 years of age, living in Arlington County with family incomes at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Level. Located in a convenient, accessible location in South Arlington, APC features a full-time staff including pediatricians, nurse practitioners, nurses, care coordinators, and behavioral health professionals.
- Our practices are state of the art and fully equipped to provide an excellent clinical experience.
- Our outstanding medical staff includes the full gamut of subspecialty consultants.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Named a CMS 5-Star Hospital, in 2020, based on our performance across seven areas of quality.
- Received a Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score of A for the 16th consecutive grading period – one of a few hospitals in the country to achieve this level of consistency.
- Achieved Magnet re-designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program.
- The only Northern Virginia hospital named to Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals.
- 2019 release of US News and World Report hospital rankings, received the highest ranking possible (“High Performing”) in the following areas: Aortic Valve Surgery, Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement and Knee Replacement.
- VHC is a 494-bed facility.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested and qualified candidates must complete the online application and psychometric assessment.
In addition to completing the application and assessment candidates can also send a copy of their CV to Andrea Bell, Director Physician Services Recruitment at anbell@ virginiahospitalcenter.com.
Pay: From $45.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location