Are you looking to make a difference? If so, Samaritan Daytop Village offers opportunities for a meaningful and challenging career in the health and human services field. We are looking for proactive, team-oriented employees to join our organization. Come be part of our rapidly growing agency in one of several positions available throughout New York. For more than 50 years, Samaritan Daytop Village has been wholly dedicated to improving the quality of life for New Yorkers facing adversity. Today, Samaritan Daytop Village serves over 28,000 people each year through a network of over 50 facilities in New York City, Long Island and upstate New York. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision; 401k employer match; pension; LTD; life insurance; tuition reimbursement; Flexible Spending Account (FSA); and generous time off.
The Diversion Center (Center) provide a 24/7/365 client-centered, short stay, engagement and stabilization/treatment alternative for people NYPD refer experiencing non-emergency psychiatric symptoms, drug use and/or non-emergency medical issues. The program essentially "diverts" individuals from Rikers Island and instead places them on the path to stability and rehabilitation. The program, expected to open in 2019, is the first of its kind in New York City. The Physician works as a member of the medical clinic treatment staff in providing coordinated and quality driven primary medical care and medically supervised substance use stabilization and withdrawal management services to clients. All duties are carried out under the supervision of the Medical Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Examines and evaluates client medical symptoms and healthcare needs.
- Provides follow-up on chronic and acute client medical conditions.
- Provides telephone on-call service/availability to respond to client symptoms and answer staff questions regarding clients to whom physician is providing care.
- Follows generally accepted standards of professional practice and medical ethics.
- Ensures accurate, timely, and legible completion of required forms, documents and requisitions (i.e. – lab requisitions, agency coding/billing sheets, client disability forms, vocational rehabilitation applications/forms, Medicaid Utilization Threshold override forms, etc.).
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Current NYS MD license.
- Valid DEA registration and authorization to prescribe Buprenorphine.
- Board Certified, preferably in Addiction Medicine, Internal Medicine or Psychiatry.
- A minimum of five (5) years postgraduate experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in substance abuse treatment settings.
- Must have CPR/ACLS certification.
- Medical staff membership (hospital or HMO based) preferred.
- Knowledge of OASAS and CSAT guidance.
- No current investigation by a representative or agent of any governmental body including Federal healthcare programs (Medicaid or Medicare), healthcare organization, or any professional society, due to allegations of substandard client/patient care, medical negligence or unethical behavior; no prior restriction or termination of clinical privileges by the medical staff of any healthcare organization or a state or federal medical license/certification/registration; no Office of the Inspector General (OIG) or General Services Administration (GSA) sanction.
Job Type: Full-time
- Addiction Medicine: 1 year (Required)
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (Required)
- ACLS (Required)
- NYS MD (Required)