RoboTech Science, Inc. has immediate openings for Help Desk Specialist III to join our team. The individual will be responsible for handling incidents, fulfilling service request, and asset management for scientific instruments, applications, and laboratory information management systems used by forensic scientists at a Federal Law Enforcement Agency located in Quantico, VA. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and benefits, your work will directly support our customer’s critical mission of counterterrorism and law enforcement.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS security clearance.
- The position has flexible hours between 6 am and 6 pm depending on coverage requirements at a government facility.
- After-hours and weekend work may be required to meet the mission.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to and resolve incidents related to the network and applications using a ticketing system
- Fulfill request for services, e.g. install software, change passwords, image computers
- Escalate unresolved incidents or problems to the System Administrator and assist with troubleshooting
- Update knowledge system to document solutions for resolved incidents and workarounds for known problems
- Deploy desktop computers using System Center Configuration Manager and Windows Deployment Services
- Manage user accounts using Active Directory, e.g. create accounts, reset passwords, update contact information
- IT asset management of hardware, software, and licenses
- Coordinate with vendors for warranty repair or replacement
- Decommission and sanitize computers and equipment for disposal
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field desired
- Minimum of eight years providing Help Desk Support for complex applications.
- DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level 2 or higher
- Professional Certifications (Network+, and Security+)
- Linux experience and certifications highly desired.
- ITIL v2011 (desired)
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with direct end-user and/or customer interaction in a support role
- A science background in biology or biochemistry is highly desired.
- Must be comfortable working in a laboratory environment around chemicals and biological materials.
- Must be comfortable working with laboratory robotics and scientific instrumentation
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., climb on, crawl behind, and crouch under desk to install computers and cabling
- Competitive Compensation and Performance-Based Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- Company-paid Job Training
Equal Opportunity Employer, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities:
RoboTech Science values and respects a diverse employee population and is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive environment where employees with varied differences, viewpoints, and talents are sought and respected, creating an atmosphere in which our employees can thrive. Employment is based upon an individual’s capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran or marital status, or any other protected characteristics as established by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Help Desk: 8 years (Preferred)
- Network+ Certification (Preferred)
- Security (Required)