As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for developing, integrating, testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one or more programming languages; knowing one or more development methodologies / delivery models. The focus of this team is to be cross-functional with the goal of making the enterprise more agile through standardization, reuse of existing capabilities and continuous process improvement, as well as driving consumption of API assets. We are looking for a senior level individual who can lead our C4E Operations & Continuous Improvement team and to partner with stakeholders to improve the delivery of projects and products enterprise-wide.
Required Job Qualifications:
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7 year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- Possess ability to sit and perform computer entry for entire work shift, as required.
- Possess ability to manage workload, manage mutliple priorities, and manage conflicts with customers/employees/managers, as applicable.
- Experience in traditional app languages ( COBOL / Perl / C+).
- Experience in scripting languages (BASH / PERL / PYTHON / RUBY).
- Experience in application / product feature design.
- Experience in integration technologies (Tibco/Informatica/CAS).
- Experience in mobile technologies (HP Anywhere / iOS / Android / Java / HTML5).
- Experience in service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Experience in web technologies (HTML/CSS/Java/ASP.Net/PHP/Ruby/C#).
- Experience in cloud computing technologies (SaaS / IaaS / PaaS).
- Experience in application configuration.
- Rapid prototyping.
- SDLC Methodology (Agile / Scrum / Iterative Development).
- System performance management.
- Systems change / configuration management.
- Business requirements management.
- Problem solving /analytical thinking.
- Creative thinking.
- Ability to execute.
- Leadership experience in managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional teams or projects
- Ability to successfully influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, including Scrum & XP
- Extensive experience working with Waterfall, Scrum, and XP development teams
- Good working knowledge of project tracking tools (i.e. Jira or Pivotal Tracker)
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams within an matrixed organization
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management
- Experience leading Digital Transformation
- Strong project management experience and a commitment to quality and cost consciousness
- Experience with budget management including managing outside consultants
- Experience with interacting successfully with senior management and staff across multiple departments
- PMP, SCRUM, Agile or other project/program management certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full-Time Regular
Location IL - Chicago
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need an accommodation or assistance in either using the Careers website or completing the application process, you can email us here to request reasonable accommodations.
Please note that only requests for accommodations in the application process will be returned. All applications, including resumes, must be submitted through HCSC's Career website on-line application process. If you have general questions regarding the status of an existing application, navigate to "my account" and click on "View your job submissions".