Job Title: Windows System Administrator
Location: Pentagon, Arlington, VA
Required Security Clearance: Top Secret
Required Certifications: Security+CE
Required Education: Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related discipline or a combination of education, training, or certification that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted for the degree.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant hands-on system administration experience managing or assisted management of all technical aspects of Active Directory infrastructure, Windows servers (2003, 2008, 2012) and AD governance models for a large, complex, distributed enterprise-level organization, VMware, SAN storage, database systems, MS Exchange.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with Microsoft-centric infrastructure.
- Experience in a Windows server enterprise network environment.
The Windows System Administrator will perform day-to-day operational tasks to ensure the Windows servers and virtual server environment are operating appropriately, are available to support the business needs, and that any operational issues are proactively resolved.
- Administration of Microsoft Servers (Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Others).
- Active Directory administration and policy enforcement.
- Disaster recovery implementation.
- Perform additions and changes to VMWare VSphere environment and ESXi Hypervisor to include Horizon View with the supervision of the Senior Administrator.
- Windows 2008R2 & 2012R2 administration and monitoring.
- Multisite VMware, vSphere & vCenter management and administration.
- Multisite SAN/NAS storage administration.
- Monitoring of enterprise automation and self-service tools.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in administering and/or maintaining Windows 2012R2 environments.
- Analytical skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to learn and work well with others.
- Candidate must have strong team work qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with peers, customers and management.
- The candidate must have the ability to learn the System Administration skills in VMware, Windows and Linux systems.
- Able to learn and accomplish upgrades/migrations on a variety of systems, such as Windows servers, printers, etc.
- 1 year of technical experience supporting servers in a multi segmented, routed and firewalled enterprise network using TCP/IP v4.
- 1 to 3 years of technical experience implementing and supporting standalone and/or virtual Windows servers (Windows 2003, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012.)
- Familiar with Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Hands-on experience with SQL Server and/or SharePoint is a plus, not required.
- Any experience in Microsoft Powershell, vSphere PowerCLI, or comparable scripting, preferred -not required.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) and Cisco Certified Network associate (CCNA) certifications are a plus.
- Any experience using enterprise management and monitoring tools; VMware vCenter Configuration Manager.
- Storage provisioning, management, and backup; ability to assess storage needs and provide solutions; direct experience with EMC Celerra/VNX a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Windows 2012: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft centric environement: 2 years (Required)
- Top Secret clearance (Required)
- Security+ CE (Required)