We have an exciting career opportunity for an Product Assistant Manager to join our Customer Propositions & Products team.
In this role, you will be working closely with the Product Manager to design, develop and deliver innovative customer products across our range of energy & insurance services for our B2C customer base in order to delight, retain and grow our customer base (approx. 10 million).
British Gas is passionate about career development, we can offer you a fantastic career path, opportunities for growth as well as continuous training and development opportunities.
What will you be doing?
- Location: Staines
- Total package circa £35k - £50k (depending on experience)
What do you need to succeed?
- Support in delivering P&L targets, to deliver performance outcomes in line with agreed 3 year and 12 month plans
- Lead the definition, design and launch of innovative new propositions to attract, grow and retain valuable UK residential customers
- Identify opportunities to drive volume growth through either existing sales channels or new routes to market.
- Identify opportunities to reduce customer churn and manage retention by analysing customer and market insight
- Support in developing product strategies to maximise the value of the customer base.
- Continuously scan for new market opportunities and threats which will emerge through technical, customer or industry changes
- Actively manage the development of new propositions, proactively recommending improvements based on customer insights
- Support the delivery of all propositions within correct governance process and procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, ensuring we are treating customers fairly
- Monitor performance, customer and business measures to validate the success of new product introductions. Develop improvement plans as necessary.
- Experience delivering product management to drive customer and business value
- Working knowledge/ understanding of customer pricing or proposition strategy
- Experience in delivering strategic projects/initiatives
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry eg Energy / Financial Services/ Telco
How to apply
- Passion for understanding the needs of the customer and how effective propositions influence behaviour.
- Collaborative - excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
- Self-motivated, confident and proactive with a can do attitude
- Problem solving skills and ability to interpret data to gather insights
- A passion for understanding the customer and their needs
- Ability to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers
Please note if you click on apply you will immediately be asked create an account with log in details, if you are having trouble applying or have any questions please reach out to Nicole Kerr, Centrica.