About the Position
The Warehouse Driver – NonCDL primarily operates various straight trucks in accordance with all DOT regulations to transport product safely and legally from the Distribution Centers to the Customer locations and/or moves straight trucks in the yard. This position is flexible: If there is a high demand for deliveries, most of the time on the job will be spent operating the truck. When there is low demand for deliveries, time will be spent focused on warehouse duties.
- Operates various straight trucks to ensure the product is delivered in a timely manner.
- Monitors freight for secure devices and straps to ensure products are delivered to their destination free of damage and in their original condition.
- Required to follow company policy, participate in required trainings, follow all established driver processes.
- Responsible for performing full pre-trip and post-trip inspections when operating straight truck equipment.
- Immediately reports all instances of damaged product and/or delivery issues to the Site Operations Manager.
- Keeps equipment fueled, tidy, clean and in compliance with inspection requirements.
- Accountable for all assigned tools and equipment.
- Maintain professional conduct and attitude towards other motorists who share the highway, customers and vendors making contact during performance of duties.
- Conform to all DOT and OSHA regulations including Omnitracs and Smart Drive processes.
- Perform any other reasonable requests directed by Management.
- Perform warehouse duties as required by Management such as:
o Pick orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is loaded.
o Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
o May be required to operate a forklift or order picker for picking orders.
o Pack orders for shipments by parcel, LTL, and TL carriers.
o Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
o Affix proper shipping and tracking labels to boxes and pallets. Mark and label shipping boxes or products per DOT, IATA, IMDG regulations.
o Report missing items or quality variances to direct supervisor.
o Ensure outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
o Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met. Execute and document quality inspections per Standard Operating Procedures.
o Participate in Inventory/Cycle Count as needed.
o Maintain clean, neat, and orderly work area.
o Ensure facility is always inspection ready for SQFI, FDA, and customer needs.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience required. 2 years of experience preferred.
- If the position drives a straight truck:
o Requires at least 2 weeks training with another driver in a straight truck less than 26,000 lbs. gross vehicle weighting rating (GVWR) before being released to drive alone.
- Driver must have an appropriate license with state required endorsements.
- Meets FMCSA and company requirements. A DOT Medical Certification, DQ file and road test, per FMCSA, prior to dispatch.
- Must pass DOT physical test.
- Pass background and drug screen.
- Clean driving records.
- Forklift experience preferred
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with other to meet shared objectives.
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Depends on the site and the customer. Some sites travel 25% or less. Other sites may include overnight stays.
- A passport is not required, but recommended.