At Marken, we challenge every employee to take the initiative and achieve outstanding results. We recognize that talent is our most important asset and we offer the training, education and growth opportunities to take your career to the next level.
Marken is a wholly owned subsidiary of the UPS Healthcare division. With Polar Speed and Marken included, the UPS division staffs 128 locations with 5000 employees worldwide. Marken maintains the leading position for Direct to Patient and Home Health care services, biological sample shipments and offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistic hubs in 54 locations worldwide for clinical trial product storage and distribution. Marken’s dedicated 1200 staff members manage 90,000 drug product and biological sample shipments every month at all temperature ranges in more than 220 countries. Additional services such as biological kit production, ancillary material sourcing, storage and distribution, shipment lane verification and qualifications, as well as GDP, regulatory and compliance consultancy add to Marken’s unique position in the pharma and logistics industry
Our global presence, combined with a small company culture, provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to contribute to the company’s success.
The Logistics Coordinator monitors the movement of clinical trial supplies and specimens in the Marken/UPS network. Works closely with Marken branches (Miami and Paris). This role has regular interaction with Client’s departments such as the Client’s Project Management team in order to support import/export activities in the Marken/UPS network and Business Development.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the completion of the lane initiation form at the time of study set up.
- Monitor/update/confirm all daily inbound shipment deliveries into Client facilities via UPS/Marken.
- Monitor/update/confirm all daily outbound shipment deliveries out of Client facilities via UPS/Marken.
- Support investigation of service failures and/or complaints for Marken/UPS shipments.
- Create customs invoices for UPS/Marken shipments for outbound shipments (samples and kits from Client facilities) based upon information (including, but not limited to HTS Codes, declared value and item descriptions) provided by the Client.
- Ensure any invoice template used in Marken/UPS network is pre-approved before first shipment.
- Supports creation of Marken/UPS airway bills.
- Process billing report and report billing issues to line manager.
- Ensure all Marken/UPS assigned training is completed in a timely and compliant manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years’ industry-related experience in laboratory, supply chain, cold chain, logistics, and/or clinical trial experience is preferred.
- Must possess strong analytical aptitude. Working with shipping data will be required.
- Attention to detail is paramount.
- An understanding of working in an FDA regulated environment is desired.
- Must learn quickly, possess excellent research skills and the ability to quickly find required information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (advanced Microsoft Excel skills required).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project-related requests, financial documents, vendor invoices, shipping data, etc. is required.
EEO & VETERAN Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- working in a FDA regulated environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- laboratory, supply/cold chain, and/or clinical trial: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office (Excel): 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off