"If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude and Good Communication and Fitness Skills, I Have a Fun and Fulfilling Personal Trainer Position Just for You!"
The Exercise Coach® is a high-tech health and fitness franchise, with a unique approach to achieving results for our Clients... and we are expanding in Massachusetts!
Our studio in Belmont is opening in Spring 2020 and is seeking full- and part-time personal trainers to be part of our exciting launch. All employees will receive full training and must ultimately complete The Exercise Coach® certification. Other industry certifications (NASM, NSCA, ACM, etc.) are not required!
As an ideal candidate, you must be customer service oriented, energetic, and passionate about good health and fitness. Most importantly you must care about people and enjoy helping them transform their lives!
We are seeking personal trainers that can work a combination of mornings and evenings, and an occasional Saturday morning. Candidates looking to grow with our Company preferred!
Wages are commensurate with experience. Your compensation is never commission-based so you are always paid for your time whether training clients or not.
Our studio offers a casual, fun environment, top-of-the-line proprietary training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio. We want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others. . . because that's what we do.
Responsibilities and Duties
These are the responsibilities and duties you’ll have should you work for us in this role:
- Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programs for Clients
- Tracking Client Progress
- Perform Fitness Evaluations
- Coach Clients Through Program Duration
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education
- Lead Follow Up and Conduct Consultations
- Administrative Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
These are the qualities and skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Passion for Health & Fitness
- Good Communication Skills
- People skills and personality
- Health and Fitness Understanding
- Education and Experience: A college degree in a fitness-related discipline is not required, nor is a great deal of personal training experience.
- A valid Adult First Aid/CPR/AED certificate from a nationally-recognized provider or be able to obtain such a certificate within two weeks of hire. You’ll be required to maintain this certification throughout your employment with us.
- Exercise Coach® Certification: You’ll be required, through both online and live training, to become certified by The Exercise Coach® once you are hired. All materials to complete the certification will be provided to you.
- Authorized to work in the United States
Beyond the above requirements, we’d be excited if you also have these additional qualities and skills:
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- Experience with various strength training applications
- Experience working with older adults and various limitations (e.g. injuries, medical issues, etc.)
- Previous sales experience
- Experience in the health club or personal training industry
In short, the characteristics of an ideal candidate include integrity, being results-driven, collaborative, respectful of others, professional, focused on solutions, self-starter, working well autonomously, interested and open to new methodologies, being a life-long learner, and taking pride and being accountable for quality of service delivered.
We’d love for you to consider joining our team! Check out our web site: www.exercisecoach.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)