Precision Metal Products is seeking a skilled candidate to serve as our Production Scheduler & Shipping Coordinator. This position is integral to the success at Precision Metal Products by ensuring product is manufactured and available for customer deliveries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary contact for all customer service calls, faxes, e-mails, etc.
- Work with customers on late deliveries and over/under shipments.
- Communicate with all managers on production needed for upcoming deliveries. Keep managers informed of any late deliveries & significant changes in customer usage.
- Supply proper production and set-up sheets to operators and advise material handlers of correct lot of material to supply to both stamping and assembly presses.
Production Scheduling and Inventory Management
- Enter sales orders into Quickbooks. Check for revised pricing and delivery changes. Notify QA Manager of any part revision level changes and specification changes.
- Enter sales orders into job Schedule and review machine hours with shop supervisor. Review scheduled hours on a regular basis to assure product can be manufactured in time to meet customer deliveries.
- Enter production, non-conformances, sort and inspection sheets into excel schedule daily and update spreadsheet. Resolve negative issues and out of balance amounts.
- Enter shipments into schedule promptly. Keep customer due dates and quantities updated on the Schedule.
- Maintain accurate consignment records and enter receiver tickets as received.
- Review for changes and enter purchase orders, sales orders, kanban releases, etc. on production sheet.
- Update information on production recap spreadsheet throughout the day & keep jobs accurately lined up in presses on the Schedule.
- Monthly review of all customer orders to assure adequate amounts of pending orders.
- Maintain correct inventory by researching material used, product shipped, product produced, etc. Physical inventory to be done on a continuous basis for each part.
- Roll-over job schedule each month and save as month-end schedule. All pending sales orders need to be moved to the correct month along with all incoming purchase orders.
- Responsible for shipping department and all shipping duties, tasks and projects.
- Print all paperwork for daily shipments. Packing slips, bill of ladings, and necessary certifications. Create all necessary paperwork for international shipments.
- Check shipping weights, lot numbers, and quantities written up on packing slip for accuracy which is supplied by Shipping/Receiving Clerk. Resolve any discrepancies.
- Apply invoice numbers to packing slips and fill in all required information. This includes sales order numbers, purchase order numbers, surcharges, ship dates, trucking carrier, etc.
- Notify trucking companies of shipments ready for pick-up after receiving a box and skid count provided by Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
- Assure that all shipments were picked up from the previous day. Look into why pick-ups were missed and notify customers affected.
- Ensure accuracy of information on customer ASN’s provided by Shipping/Receiving Clerk and email to all customers. Include any shipping documents and/or certifications in the email.
- Provide packing slips to accounting and in return check customer invoices.
Basic Skills Required
- Strong Customer Service Skills both internally & externally.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities throughout the day.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Complete understanding of order entry, scheduling, purchasing, and inventory control practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)