Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job:
Reporting to the Vice President of Relationship Marketing, this role will help manage all Resort Marketing CRM functions for Vail Resorts, including Email, SMS, and Push Marketing functions and teams. This role will have a strong emphasis on CRM strategy and execution, team leadership, and deep partnership with our resort marketing teams across North America. Working closely with the VP of Relationship Markeitng, this role will help lead the organization through a transofrmational shift in Marketing Automation and customer centric markeitng.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work as the expert within Vail Resorts to implement Resort Marketing CRM campaigns, with a focus on driving repeat visitation, and attach to all on-mountain business (e.g., hospitality, retail, rental, ski school, etc). \
- Develop and implemented lifecycle campaign strategies to drive emotional connections with our guests that build trust and ultimately drive sales, cross-sell, and up-sell.
- Use in depth marketing industry knowledge and gain a deep understanding of internal business goals to develop impactful contact strategy, email content, segmentation schemes, and cross-channel strategy while maintaining industry best practices including browser/client/mobile compatibility, personalization of subject lines, use of images, gif, video, and more.
- Manage and optimize the design, content, layout, customer segmentation and messaging strategies while leading a team of email specialists responsible for the building and deploying marketing communications.
- Ensure integration of relationship marketing into strategic and traditional marketing plans across all resort marketing focus areas. Continually build the relationship with all partners and consumers of the CRM functional area across the enterprise.
- Own business results end-to-end through CRM channels, leading improvements in reporting, KPI development, and showing year-over-year improvement in revenue and guest engagement.
- Work closely with the rest of the RM team and resort stakeholders to launch a holistic mobile marketing program for SMS and Push Notifications that supports business objectives of repeat visitation, guest retention, and cross-sell/up-sell.
- Lead the resort specific RM team on best practices for email engagement, marketing automation, journey-based trigger communications, dynamic content from multiple data points, email content enhancements, list-building, database management, deliverability, data integrity, and CAN-SPAM/CASL/GDPR compliance.
- Possess a strong sense of self-awareness and convey and exemplify the Vail Resorts standard of leadership. Strong focus on leadership development of self and team. Be consistently focused on unlocking the potential of their employees.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related degree
6+ years experience in Email Marketing, CRM, or Marketing Operations
Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint), HTML, CSS, Omniture, Exact Target, Adobe Marketing Cloud, Marketing Automation Software.
- 6+ years experience in Email or CRM Marketing position required.
- 4+ years experience managing and developing marketing teams of 8 or more employees.
- Strong understanding of B2C email marketing strategy & tactics required; preferably in hospitality, travel, or ski company
- Track record of developing data-driven campaigns resulting in solid business results is necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Marketing Automation Platforms
- Experience with email marketing tools required
- Experience building and executing email campaigns
- Deep understanding of marketing databases/campaign management tools
- Ability to articulate and champion email marketing best practices
- Excellent project management skills
Experience managing direct reports with a focus on leadership and career development.
Management of cross-functional relationships, especially with IT
Experience with matrixed organizations.
Other experience as follows highly preferred:
Managed external vendor relationships
Deep experience with Email service platforms and customer data platforms.
Experience forecasting and managing a budget
Ability to both develop and deliver presentations
Ability to read and interpret financial and analytical reports
Database Analytics skills (SQL, R, etc).
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 164377