Medical Record Field Reviewer Job Description
Change Healthcare is a total solutions partner for healthcare data auditing and analytics. We provide end-to-end solutions to help improve payment integrity data to support accreditation programs, and meet regulatory requirements. Change Healthcare’s nationwide network of registered nurses, certified coders and medical professionals work to acquire, audit, and analyze data for healthcare organizations.
These are remote seasonal positions forecasted to run through 2019. Field Reviewers visit physician offices and hospitals to retrieve specified information from medical records for various projects. Change Healthcare’s Scheduling Team and Field Reviewer Advocates will help plan your daily schedule. We provide computer equipment for chart scanning and file transferal (laptop, scanner and flash drive) as well as all applicable training for usage of our applications and hardware. We provide help desk assistance for both IT and medical record retrieval support.
- Travel to medical facilities or provider offices in specified areas to complete review services.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with care provider offices, clinics, hospitals, other clinical facilities.
- Accurately and efficiently manage paper medical records, or an EHR/EMR platform to retrieve information.
- Scan relevant components of the medical record to support reviews performed.
- Upload extracted medical records per assignment.
- Maintain quality and production standards required by company.
- Report work-related concerns to assigned Field Reviewer Advocate and the established escalation chain as needed.
- Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude when on assignment. Business attire is required for all appointments.
- Must be an RN, LPN, LVN, Certified Coder, RHIT, RHIA, CNA, MA or Medical professional with a minimum of at least two years of direct medical record and EHR/EMR experience.
- Must be familiar with how to identify a medical record and the corresponding components.
- Must be willing to travel within a 40-mile radius. Radius requirements are firm however, we do take into consideration any geographical constraints that would hinder complete radial coverage.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively without direct supervision.
- Must have reliable transportation, auto insurance and valid driver's license. Exceptions may be allowed in certain metropolitan areas.
- Must have a working knowledge of HIPAA requirements, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and the confidentiality of all medical chart and patient health information.
- Must be computer literate and technologically savvy. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with Windows navigation (START menu/opening folders), Microsoft Office (Word/Outlook), cutting/pasting files and working with flash drives.
- Must have high-speed Internet access, a home computer with a current Windows operating system, MS Internet Explorer (version 6.0.2 or better), and Adobe 6.0 or better and a mobile phone.
- Must have strong interpersonal, customer service and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Must be available to work at least (24) hours per week during business hours of 8am-5pm.
This is a non-clinical position. Work is project-based and is not considered to be full-time permanent employment.
Job Type: Part-time
- Medical Records: 2 years (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time: