Perform activities related to the day-to-day administration and maintenance of Microsoft SQL databases. Handles installations, upgrades, backups, and configuration. Confer with management regarding problems with, and capabilities of Microsoft SQL databases. May assist with design and programming.
- Perform SQL database maintenance, monitoring, and tuning activities.
- Work with Denovo and client application owners to monitor and troubleshoot application and database performance.
- Provide emergency and urgent support as required by the business and/or application owner to ensure availability and integrity of the application and data.
- Work with the application owners, on an as requested basis, to plan for and provide guidance on database hardware and software upgrade planning.
- Work with remote DBA support resources to maintain 24x7 up time requirement.
- Monitor and maintain database back-up and disaster recovery procedures.
- Maintain and audit database level security.
- Evaluate, test, and deploy new database patches and upgrades.
- Configure and maintain database administration tools for monitoring performance and change management.
- At least five years of Database Administration experience.
- Professional certification is a plus.
- Experience in high volume and large database environments desired.
- Must be located in and authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience working with SQL Server 2005-2016
- Experience working with Always On Availability Groups is a plus
- Experience with Tidal Enterprise Scheduler administration a plus
Soft Skills :
- Excellent service-driven customer-focused skill s
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Tech savvy – proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies, speak the language.
- Superior organizational and time management skills, attention to detail.
- Talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner.
Job Type: Full-time