Food Brand Protection Consultant
100% Field-Based Travel
Ready for a fast-paced and impactful career? Do you meet the minimum requirements? Are you passionate about the restaurant industry and brand protection? If you enjoy travel and work independently, Deloitte’s Managed Services & Products group is looking Food Brand Protection professionals. Candidates must have credentials, experience with large-scale retail foodservice brands, excellent communication skills, judgment and analytical abilities to lead food brand protection consultations. This is an excellent opportunity for Food Service professionals who are well spoken and who can effectively lead discussions with operators on business priorities in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. In this role, the Consultant will travel to their assigned client and perform Food Brand Protection consultations in accordance with the client program.
The business of LRA, A Deloitte Business, is to offer clients information and feedback regarding their understanding and conformance to food and brand protection standards. The Consultant is responsible for contributing to the development of, as well as providing, this high-level advice and these recommendations to clients.
This is a project-based position. Openings for this position are anticipated based upon employment to begin March 2019.
The Consultant will report to the assigned Senior Consultant and Operations Manager. Goals and objectives must align with LRA by Deloitte’s core values: courtesy, professionalism, responsiveness and a devotion to client satisfaction.
Work You’ll Do:
- Understand and contribute to the development of the client expectations and conduct the Food Brand Protection consultations to meet the unique expectations for their assigned client.
- The Consultant must become well-versed in each client’s business and specific client requirements, the details of the Food Brand Protection program, and the methods and procedures of LRA by Deloitte
- The Consultant must be well-versed in FDA Food Code. Level of knowledge must be advanced or higher.
- Ability to recite by memory client specific processes, requirements, and product verbiage
- Through rapport building, employee conversations and visual indicators, the Consultant must be able to independently uncover and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement to line level and management personnel on deviations and opportunities within the restaurant’s process, product, and equipment.
- Responsible for producing accurate and consistent evaluations that include written reports in English. Entering the results real-time into an iPad.
- Exercise high level of judgment in evaluating the clients’ business operations, adherence to client guidelines and service; determining and recommending areas of improvement, and determining how to best communicate findings and recommendations, action planning and route cause analysis.
- Utilize experience in food service and food safety industry to serve as a brand protection consultant for clients. The Consultant must interact with restaurant/location management to review assessment data and must independently recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement that are aligned with the client’s policies and procedures.
- Exercise initiative in formulating improvements in established LRA by Deloitte procedures. Provide recommendations to the Senior Consultant / Account Administrator to improve consultant tools, worksheets and training materials
- Represent the company in important client meetings and interactions. Contribute to building strong client relationships through interactions with clients’ personnel in a professional manner and demonstration of industry and functional knowledge
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and conference calls on a regular basis as deemed by the Senior Consultant / Operations Manager
- Attend and contribute to client meetings and participate in client programs
- Provide important quality-assurance information to clients, and use discretion to determine areas where the quality of the clients' business operations can be improved