Serves as a contracts negotiator and administrator to support the growing Antisubmarine Warfare (ASW) market segment of the Rotary and Mission Systems C6ISR line of business. The position is based in Manassas, Virginia. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing contracts work product such as proposals, contracts, terms and conditions, and modification documents.
- Ensuring that contracts are negotiated and administered in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Lockheed Martin policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and evaluating customer requests for proposals and revisions to contracts.
- Developing and executing negotiation strategies.
- Preparing and presenting briefings to management and customers.
- Developing productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
The successful candidate must possess or be able to demonstrate the following:
- Active U.S. Government TOP SECRET security clearance. Clearance level must be clearly stated in application materials.
- Prior experience supporting classified programs.
- Eligibility to support certain classified programs.
- Broad knowledge and experience with all phases of contracts management (proposals, negotiation, administration, and closeout).
- Knowledge of and comfort working with a wide range of contract types, including CPFF, CPIF, FPI, FFP, T&M, and IDIQ.
- Extensive experience with U.S. Government procurement regulations (i.e., FAR and DFARS).
- Ability to communicate and establish strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to influence positive business outcomes with fact, reason, and the ability to convey the company’s positions through exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand core financial and business concepts.
- Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
It is desired that the successful candidate possesses or is able to demonstrate the following:
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a U.S. Government TOP SECRET / SCI clearance.
- Minimum of 10 years of contracts or equivalent experience.
- Advanced educational degree(s), such as JD or MBA.
- Professional certifications, such as Certified Federal Contracts Manager.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.