The Tyndale Company is hiring a new Customer Service Manager to oversee our dedicated team of Customer Support team. This Manager provides leadership and supervision to the Customer Service Supervisor, Customer Service Representative, and Receptionist positions. The Customer Service Manager will focus on efficient workflow of daily activities to ensure that we are providing excellent and timely service to our customers. They are responsible for developing department metrics which ensure high levels of productivity, team engagement, and superior service to our customers. In addition, the Customer Service Manager is responsible for development and implementation of all Customer Service Department policies.
Hybrid/Remote: Tyndale supports a strong work-life balance; this opportunity requires onsite work 2-3 days a week working from a home office the remainder of the week. To be considered, candidates must reside within a commutable distance to Tyndale headquarters in Pipersville, PA (Bucks County).
- Develop, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of tools, processes, and procedures that improve department efficiency and the level of service to our customers;
- Analyze and foresee staffing needs on a weekly basis, ensuring that the department is staffed according to the amount of volume being received;
- Approve scheduled PTO for all direct reports, ensuring an adequate number of staff to meet work deadlines and requirements; track attendance of department staff and provide appropriate feedback and disciplinary action, when required;
- Motivate staff to achieve optimal performance and high levels of employee engagement; ensure ongoing development of all team members;
- Oversee Team Task Groups to promote growth within Customer Service Supervisory and Customer Service Representative Tier 2 roles and overall continuous improvement, ensuring effective management and completion of projects;
- Provide as-needed training and coaching specific to the needs of the Customer Service staff, including: system or technical training, product knowledge, verbal and email communication, interdepartmental communication and conflict resolution, and soft-sell training techniques;
- Provide leadership and coaching to the Customer Service Supervisor, ensuring quality, accuracy, and high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved throughout the Customer Service Team;
- Establish and communicate performance goals for all positions within the department; ensure regular ongoing performance feedback and coaching for all department employees; write and deliver Interim and Annual Performance Reviews for all direct reports;
- Responsible for resolving or helping to resolve customer care or complex issues that are escalated by staff members or from a customer directly with the goal of resolving issues quickly. Coordinate with management and other departments as needed to help resolve open issues;
- Organize, communicate, and distribute key information to the Customer Service Team, including various company, departmental, and product information;
- Establish metrics by which to track the day-to-day performance and progress of the Customer Service Team that promote continuous improvement;
- Monitor phone, web chat, and email customer queues, tracking specific patterns and trends, and provide regular status reports on volume and order volume to Senior Manager of Client Services, as appropriate;
- Using the phone queue, track specific traffic patterns and trends in volume;
- Establish department scorecard showcasing department efficiency and performance, review monthly with Senior Manager of Client Services;
- Maintain process documents for Service related tasks;
- Monitor IT related Customer Service Department needs to ensure customer impacting issues are addressed quickly and effectively; report any major areas of concern to Senior Manager of Client Services;
- Communicate with other departments on inter-departmental processes and collaborate with them to improve efficiency and inter-departmental cohesion;
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a mid-sized customer support team in a medium to large business environment required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a direct sales or customer service related environment required.
- Proven ability to build rapport with internal and external customers.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide effective guidance, training, coaching and daily supervision to staff.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own workload and that of staff.
- Commitment to continuous learning and demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new skills, with initiative to self-teach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to write in a clear and concise manner and provide detailed explanations orally.
- An individual that values collaboration with others in the organization.
- Strong analytical and proactive problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications; knowledge of MAS 500 helpful.
- Proven track record of company growth with an award-winning family-friendly culture;
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance; 401k with company match; 9 Paid Holidays, Company Paid STD/LTD, and Company-wide Bonus Plan;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Generous paid time off package;
- Tuition and professional development assistance;
- Complete Wellness program including healthy lifestyles reimbursement program and corporate discount on health-tracking devices.
Tyndale Company, Inc. is a single-supplier solution for keeping workers safe, comfortable, and regulation-compliant. We deliver top-quality, arc-rated flame resistant (FR) clothing and uniforms by way of managed apparel programs, driven by over 40 years of FR experience. We serve the electric utilities, oil and gas, transportation, and other industries across all 50 states and Canada. We believe that the key to our success is our employees and Tyndale has been recognized as an award-winning, employee-rated Top Workplace in the Greater Philadelphia and Houston areas. Our values are exhibited in every phone call, every order, and every shipment that goes out with our name on it, and we are dedicated to continually raising the bar on the products and services we offer.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on our website, www.tyndaleusa.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pipersville, PA 18947: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Pipersville, PA 18947