- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Microsoft Office
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
The Payroll Staff Accountant assists the Tax Manager in audit and review of payroll transactions. They are responsible for researching and preparing federal, state, and foreign national payroll registration and tax forms.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrates organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion in business relationships.
- Exhibits a problem solving attitude; constantly seeks ways to improve processes, increase efficiency, and find solutions to current situations or to develop new methods and procedures.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with both internal and external customers
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Research, register and file tax or other regulatory forms related to Workers Compensation, W2 processing, unemployment compensation, multi-state and foreign national reporting.
- Assists Tax Manager in audit and review of payroll tax transactions processed by Payroll Supervisor and preparation of payroll related tax reports for Tax Department.
- Performs planning, documenting and testing system upgrades and maintenance on payroll related applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
o Master's degree preferred
- 2 (two) years accounting experience required
- Proficiency in payroll processing, as well as, a working knowledge of international, federal, state, FICA and local tax withholding laws and regulations preferred.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, and integrated accounting systems required.