RGNext offers our team of experienced, professional employees, an environment of challenging, stimulating and personally and professionally rewarding career opportunities like this one!
- Inspect, troubleshoot, adjust, align, repair, refurbish Optics Prime Mission Equipment (PME) and associated support equipment using optical test and measurement workstations in a Lab environment
- Perform Depot related repairs and refurbishments on Optics utilizing mechanical drawings, electrical/electronic schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering sketches, Technical Orders, and vendor/shop manuals
- Provide skilled support to Optical equipment installations, modifications and removal projects
- Assist Senior DEPOT Specialist in performing PDM's, UDLM's and EDLM's on Optics Range PME
- Provide operational support at Western Range fixed Optics sites (ROTI and DOAMS)
- Perform other duties/cross utilization as assigned
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner to establish a level of proficiency and certification essential for mission support
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Environmental and OSHA Standards
- Ability to adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping
- Associates Degree in Applied Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of nine years of experience providing Level 1 & 2 maintenance support on Western Range optics PME
- Trained and certified in the use of Optical analysis and design software including (but not limited to); Durango Interferometric analysis utilizing LUPI, EOI software for VIP-100, ZYGO software – MetroPro, Optikos software – Optest, Lab View, test equipment, Imatest
- Factory trained in Nikon Camera Lens and body repair, Cinetel Telescope Repair and Schneider Lens Repair
- Proficient using Electro-optical test equipment and tools
- Proficient in advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, and quadratic equations
- Knowledge of Optical theory, Interferometry, Wave Theory and Aberrations
- Experience as a Qualified Tracking and Console Operator at both ROTI and DOAMS
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
What We Offer:
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs
- May be required to travel in support of work at off base locations
- The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project requirements. In addition, occasional travel is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance, which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization
- Must possess a REAL ID Federal Compliant Identification driver’s license
- Salary determined by Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Everyday Wellness: Access to on-base fitness centers, golf courses, pools, bowling Alleys, beach access and restaurants.
- Financial Opportunities: 401k savings program participation available, retail and merchant employee discount programs, life insurance, business travel insurance and more.
- Work/Life Balance: Tuition reimbursement programs and flexible schedules.
- Equal Opportunity: Commitment to diversity and strategic partnerships.
This job description describes the general nature of the duties and requirements of the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work assignments as appropriate.
RGNext is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected class.